Pinkville (To follow soon)

03Fox2/1

Corporal - USMC
MI.Net Member
Since Frisco-Kid has successfully been able to return to this site some of his former VietNam threads that were lost due to a data base crash, I have been wondering how and if I should also do so.
Unfortunately, most of what I write on this site and a few others, never exists anywhere else, no copies with me and no back-up, my printer doesn't even work. What was and is in my head, emotions and personal knowledge along with whatever sources I use to refine my story goes down on the screen and there it stays unless I make one of my many mistakes like intentionally deleting my own post due to some insecurities I suffer from. I have done this on this site and a few others, much to my later dismay and regret. I can see that not only was I wrong but I was very much hurting my own legacy as a Vietnam veteran that wants desperately to right many wrongs that I feel many of us suffer from at the hands of those who wish to rewrite history for monetary gain or to gain notoriety for something they never possessed, like honor and courage and personal sacrifice.
I will stop here and continue on a separate post because of my difficulty in posting lengthy articles here. Too many lost or deleted posts has taught me to be cautious and short, difficult to do with so many thoughts and words that I need to say. Semper Fi

I still don't grasp the idea of "cut and paste" but I will try to bring to this site something that I wrote on another site. There is probably a better way or a right way that I'm not aware of but I must work under the constraints of my own meager level of competence. This link is to a story of mine on the Ranger site of my friend Rocky.
The following is my feelings on the massacre at My Lai and war crimes committed in VietNam and the burden of associated guilt that those of us that fought with honor in a difficult war carry with us forever. My sources are my own personal experiences as a Marine infantryman in 1968-69 in VietNam and my vast library of accumulated books on the VietNam War that I have acquired, read, absorbed and studied over the past 40 years since my return to "The World".

* My attempt to show the link did not work as I wished. It did take the reader to the link on another site but you had to log in under my name with my password in order to see my story. Not doable and definitely not what I had in mind. Back to the drawing board. I guess all I can say now is that if I want to share my story with you, you must go to the site and register and log in yourself and then go to forums, main forums, (page 5) and look under 03Fox2/1, threads by me... Pinkville. http://e20-c75th-rangers-association.org
Semper Fi

7-28-09
My intentions were only to share some of my thoughts and personal memories from VietNam with those here who may have an interest in our war. This particular site of Bombardiers is well suited to someone like me, reticent to talk but has an overwhelming need to be heard, and yet very particular about my audience and being respectful and understanding with others. Since I have deleted much of my words from previous years and since they were the one and only, no copies exist, I thought maybe I could bring here some words I have written from another site. Unfortunately I was unable to bring them here in a manner that was conducive to simplicity and common sense. Nothing as easy or effective as what Frisco-Kid accomplished, that's for sure. No one wants to be told to go to another site and register as a member and log in and go to a particular forum to read someone else's words. This seems tacky and self-serving to me and I feel that this attempt by me to provide this content of mine is well intentioned but obviously inept. So I just wanted to clear the air and let everyone know that I'm not stuck on myself, I'm just a simple man in a complicated world, doing the best I can.
Semper Fi

Last edited by a moderator:
Back