Photos Normandy 1944 album

Mike1976

Mi Field Marshall
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
I've uploaded 2,267 pictures to a new album called 'Normandy 1944". It's mostly US forces and French civilians, but there are also pictures of British and Canadians forces, WREN/ATS, medical staff, German POWs, battle damage, casualties etc.

I've uploaded 2,267 pictures to a new album called 'Normandy 1944". It's mostly US forces and French civilians, but there are also pictures of British and Canadians forces, WREN/ATS, medical staff, German POWs, battle damage, casualties etc.

Hi Mike, That's amazing. I came looking for photos to illustrate my dad's diary of that invasion. Can I use any of these? Do you have more information about the images (dates & locations)? Regards Tristram

Hi Mike, That's amazing. I came looking for photos to illustrate my dad's diary of that invasion. Can I use any of these? Do you have more information about the images (dates & locations)? Regards Tristram
Hi Tristram,

Sorry, but I can't be more specific about dates or locations. The images are from Southern England, Normandy and some might be from Southern France (Operation Dragoon). May 1944 to September 1944 presumably.

If you're looking for photo's that convey the general essence of the invasion rather than specific events your dad actually participated in himself they should all work fine.

They're all from the (US) government and so are in the public domain.

Regards,
Mike

Last edited:
Hi Tristram,

Sorry, but I can't be more specific about dates or locations. The images are from Southern England, Normandy and some might be from Southern France (Operation Dragoon). May 1944 to September 1944 presumably.

If you're looking for photo's that convey the general essence of the invasion rather than specific events your dad actually participated in himself they should all work fine.

They're all from the (US) government and so are in the public domain.

Regards,
Mike
Hi Mike, Thank you very much for this. I think for my purpose this will do just fine. As I intend to publish daily I feel that I need a photo for each day and Normandy to Germany 1944 is a lot of days! I already have a handful that are specific so this really helps. Regards, Mike