Photos Somewhere in Imphal 1944

tomthounaojam

The Glue Sniffer
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
Greetings Guys,

Ever since I completed the Tamiya 1 Ho Ni 1/35 (really nice kit) self-propelled artillery I didn't know what to do with figures which came with the kit, at that time I was really bad at figure painting. However, during this lockdown with some free time, I tried my luck, and here it is. I said somewhere in Imphal cause in 1944 they would be doing the same thing here perhaps a Banzai charge, there were many battles fought here. The soil would be almost accurate as it is from mum's garden and the soil is from the hill hehe bit of cheating. I poured some water and made it look like a muddy road which was at the time hardly had concrete roads. I painted the figures using a local brand it cost about 30p but does the job, you just need to do some bit of mixing colors as they are generic paints and not meant for modeling. So here it is, my simple Battle of Imphal diorama, I ordered some British kit and I will replace their faces with Chindit ones and will make a complete diorama of this with Bren carrier at the other end with some foliage and trees. Thank you for watching Cheers.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

DSC-9397.jpg