Bombardier

Admin & Arbiter
Staff member
Site Admin
Advertiser
United-Kingdom
Commemorating The End of WWII

ww2_logo.gif

This summer there will be a series of public events to commemorate the end of the Second World War held across the UK culminating on National Commemoration Day on Sunday July 10th. In London the day begins with a service of remembrance in Westminster Abbey. This will be followed by a lunch for veterans in the grounds of Buckingham Palace. In the afternoon the 'Recollections of WWII Commemoration Show' will be staged on Horse Guards Parade, between St James's Park and Whitehall. It has been designed to transport the audience 'back in time' with a mix of reminiscence, reflection and entertainment

bombardier said:
Commemorating The End of WWII

ww2_logo.gif

This summer there will be a series of public events to commemorate the end of the Second World War held across the UK culminating on National Commemoration Day on Sunday July 10th. In London the day begins with a service of remembrance in Westminster Abbey. This will be followed by a lunch for veterans in the grounds of Buckingham Palace. In the afternoon the 'Recollections of WWII Commemoration Show' will be staged on Horse Guards Parade, between St James's Park and Whitehall. It has been designed to transport the audience 'back in time' with a mix of reminiscence, reflection and entertainment

I don't know whether to feel impressed that it's happening or that the great British public are in for dumbing down exercise. I'm actually surprised in this PC age that it's going ahead after all.
Am I being too cynical or will this work? Comments from the gang?