Book Book recommendations?

G

guest0001

I was wondering if anybody could recommend books about:

-US Army Special Forces in the post-Vietnam to 2000 era.
-10th Special Forces Group in the seventies, eighties and nineties of the 20th century.

Thanks for your help.

I just finished reading “The Scout rifle study” this is truly a great manual, and reference guide. If you’re a student of the rifle this is an absolute must for your library. Mr. Richard Mann knocked it out of the park with this one. His in-depth study, evaluation of different rifles as well as interpretation of MR. Jeff Cooper’s writings and thoughts on this topic is compelling. If the subject of the scout rifle, it’s concept, design and application is of interest this is a must have. I’ve always been somewhat confused and dismayed as to the exact thoughts and what the pure “Scout rifle” is as conceptualized by Col. Cooper. This manual and accompanying video dispels any misconceptions, it establishes clearly Cooper’s foundational precepts of the design. I really enjoyed Richard’s point of view, his conclusions and reference to numerous documents authored by Mr. Cooper.

1586815807694.png

Mad Mike, commander of 5 Commando Congo and other areas. Fantastic book and very interesting. I ordered these from South Africa through his son Chris Hoare. Glad I did! Rest In peace Col. Mad Mike. Books and other cool stuff still available.

Contact his son directly for these certificates and patches along with all the other books

Email him here: partner@iafrica.com

Here's a link to his site: http://madmikehoare.com/

1586830464607.png

1586830496948.png

1586830427904.png

I just finished reading “The Scout rifle study” this is truly a great manual, and reference guide. If you’re a student of the rifle this is an absolute must for your library. Mr. Richard Mann knocked it out of the park with this one. His in-depth study, evaluation of different rifles as well as interpretation of MR. Jeff Cooper’s writings and thoughts on this topic is compelling. If the subject of the scout rifle, it’s concept, design and application is of interest this is a must have. I’ve always been somewhat confused and dismayed as to the exact thoughts and what the pure “Scout rifle” is as conceptualized by Col. Cooper. This manual and accompanying video dispels any misconceptions, it establishes clearly Cooper’s foundational precepts of the design. I really enjoyed Richard’s point of view, his conclusions and reference to numerous documents authored by Mr. Cooper.

View attachment 216166

Just checked the used prices at Amazon--will wait till it goes down a bit.

Jeff Cooper probably developed the concept at Gunsite. It must have been the late 80's when I learned about it, at Guns & Ammo magazine where he was a columnist at the time. 12yr ago my brother and I tested the concept with the Steyr Scout in 5.56, with a forward mounted Aimpoint T1. I might say the stock is more adapted to 7.62, being noticeably broader/thicker than personally desired in the forearm and butt. Still a great set up, great rifle.