Other Post 4x4 ???

There are but its for business/ big fine... which brings the risk that inevitably as more delete it they will introduce inspections . Its predictable in the euro world.
I see, keep us posted on hat you end up with. e have an old 3.2 Ranger don south until now its pretty solid.

Oh and just check the turbo hoses, as they tend to pop

Thanks.

Always one thing or another to be careful with, is that with the EGR valve because its cooled?

..and he ended up with a Gen 8 Hilux. The deal they said they possibly couldn't do they ended up doing.

Toyota NZ has some parts that remedy the DPF issue. They are fitting those as a recall action to all affected.

In other words, they took em out lol. That or they added the purge button. Nice deal all around i guess.

Our other one seems to have recovered from its sooted up filer. Apparently its worse in the North Island than the South. Different fuel or use maybe. Kiwi fuel is not the best. Renault didn't sell one of its vehicles here as they were that worried about it.

I could imagine how bad it is over here then. Ill have to add another filter for my fuel

Feeling happy yesterday with my Hilux, went to the office and another pilot parked his Navarra that is all kitted up for an Australian expedition or deep recce behind the German Afrika Korps to hunt out the desert Rat. Dang, now that was a proper overland rig.

Took it up a steep hill yesterday. In rear diff lock it went up as we say a piece of piss.

Coolest background story on an Overland truck, sometimes they just need some TLC...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

buying a truck from a dealer brand new is like buying a puppy from a pet store. Buying a used truck is like going to a pound to adopt a dog. usually theres a connection involved and they just speak to you.

We went up an only 4x4 track the other day to work on some trails for conservation project.. Department of Conservation are not allowed to use it. Got as far as the log across it and had to back up for over half a km to find a place to 3 point turn round. Big waste of time. My 20 year old saw decided it would pack a sad and didn't start, at home it went fine.
Went through a big hole, up some swampy hills, over a crossing with foot to spare and between washed out culverts with 50mm on either side spare. She got her first scrub scratches too. Bull bars prooved fine for pushing throgh pampas and scrub.

The road is a multi milion dollar one put in during the logging days. A little maintenance would save it. The Kokako could be a great tourist puller aswell.

Though it seems a bit too much, I did prefer their old Land Cruiser Troopy. Also, one of the nicest sounds i hear is the sound of a Toyota diesel

He'll be wanting the sub tank full when that big fatty gets on the road up North.

He'll be wanting the sub tank full when that big fatty gets on the road up North.
I believe his rig was made for that. I preferred his previous troopy rigged as this seems over the too, but then again thats why its a dream rig, I guess

Back