Photos 1/72 VFA-84 Jolly Roger, Baby One more time

tomthounaojam

The Glue Sniffer
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
Hi Guys,

F-14 has to be one of my favorite aircraft, I have built couple of it but I know it wasn't that good so why not give another shot, so Baby One More Time. The kit, I use was the the Fujimi, I have to say it is truly a masterpiece for it has been released sometime ago. I really enjoyed building it. The kit doesn't have any flaws at all fitting went just smooth. If I have to rate this kit I did give 9/10 one mark less cause it is bit hard to get, tho you can get it but seem to be out of stock all the time. No surprise on that.
Painting well it is just trial and errors I use 2-3 types of paint and hope it is closed to the real bird. I choose to built as Jolly Roger, cause I always like the Skull and the Bones markings.

I am still in my learning curve in scale model, hope I have a decent job on this model. All feedback are welcome.

Cheers

Which 1/72nd Tomcat kit do you think is the best Tom?
There are two new tooled F-14 in 72 scale, Fine molds, and GWH they are bit pricey but nice kits, however to me Hasegawa late 80s tooled f-14 in 72 scales has to be number one, tho it has aged but for price and details hands down it is the best, fujimi come close second, and fujimi comes with ordinances a BIG plus point only few dollars more than Hasegawa but way cheaper than Fine molds and GWH, if you buy then I did say either Hasegawa or Fujimi.

Some F-14 Tomcat adversarial flight video from my U-Tube site if you're interested. Awesome model work there.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Some F-14 Tomcat adversarial flight video from my U-Tube site if you're interested. Awesome model work there.

Thank you for the video, some sexy shots.
So I just ordered an Academy 1/144 scale F-14A. Might try and paint it this weekend.
Awesome, In future you can buy a 1/144 Tu-95 and do intercept diorama

Oh! So it's Tomcat vids then, eh? Well Gentlemen feast your eyes and ears on this
(Extensive footage of the Jolly Roger Sqaudron inbound)

Back