Hybrid War « Havana Syndrome » against US diplomats.

Jake84

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
TheMess.Net
Ukraine

Four more US diplomats working in Geneva and Paris have fallen ill with a suspected neurological illness known as "Havana syndrome", US media report.

Three diplomats became sick in the Swiss city and one in the French capital last summer, with some 200 people affected over five years.

Secretary of State Antony Blinken said the American government was working to get to the bottom of the mystery.

There are fears an adversary may have targeted diplomats with microwaves.

There are fears an adversary may have targeted diplomats with microwaves.

There are plenty of microwave leakage detectors available that el-apliance repair technicians use and if it is proven about the microwaves then Thor protection fabric can be used.

Just an off-the-cuff thought: Could it be related to some sort of comms gear the US is using at embassies, rather than an inbound attack?

I am sure, they have deployed sensor equipment to the embassies by now. Terrible condition for for the victims - an act of war if a foreign nation is responsible! But having worked with electromagnetism all my life, I must say, this is one of the most intriguing mysteries I have seen.
Hopefully, they find the attackers - if they exist....

@Euroamerican - I have been wondering about the same thing. Starting in Havanna, and then spreading to China (as far as I remember) and the world looks more like a limited attack for testing the equipment - then deployment.

I have never encountered embassy/Nato equipment with a radiation-level strong enough to damage random office workers...
Well, of course we have the THULE-RADAR, but only illiterate birds, tends to get fried by that one.

As far as Geneva goes I wouldn't discount the effect of the Large Hadron Collider, all sorts of weird things come out of that one and they plan to make it even larger.
collider.png

This Is the Sound American Diplomats Heard During Sonic Attacks In Havana, Cuba .
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice recording, but it still doesnt make any sense.....

If the damage came from ultra-sound og microwave, the noise would be generated in the ear - and the room would be silent...

Last edited:
Nice recording, but it still doesnt make any sense.....

Here is an article from Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine.
Challenging the diagnosis of ‘Havana Syndrome’ as a novel clinical entity.

This article relates the "Havana syndrome" to mass psychogenic illness.
The symptoms are due to the nocebo effect, which is the opposite of the placebo effect.

With the recent advent of wind-to-energy technology, people living near wind farms have reported becoming sick from the noise created by the turning blades. Researchers studying the wind farm scare have demonstrated that the effects can be explained by mass psychology, expectation and framing, not from the noise of the blades. In 2009, a panel of scientists found that a small fraction of persons living near turbines experienced health issues related to stress from the perception of noise, but not from the sound waves themselves.11 There is no evidence that sound below the threshold of human hearing has a negative effect on human health. In fact, human respiration and heart rate generate higher levels of sub-audible sound than those produced by rotating wind turbine blades, and many everyday sounds occur at a higher level.12 Double-blind studies have shown that people who claim to experience symptoms from exposure to weak electromagnetic fields are unable to detect the presence of these fields and sham exposure to them elicits symptoms as frequently as real exposure.13 Studies that assess expectations prior to being exposed to sham or real electromagnetic fields show that the nocebo effect plays a key role in determining whether symptoms develop or not. If people expect to have symptoms, they are much more likely to have them.14 Based on the weight of evidence, we believe that the most likely explanation for the recent outbreak of mysterious symptoms in Cuba and elsewhere is mass psychogenic illness triggered by rumours of the development of a new and enigmatic sonic device.

@morris - shellshock - yes, that might be the explanation - just a boring one :)
If this had anything to do with microwaves, one would probably see eyedamage as well.

Anything under 30 Hz can be potentially an issue - most commercial amplifiers have a cut-off filter of between 30 and 35

You don't hear it - you feel it - very old analogue synths have no filters - so ramp it up, and you feel it in your chest - you can also see it bend the window glass..................

Low frequency can also be used in interrogation as it leaves no marks - along with sleep depravation - so I am told

@BCNTM - If the site gets closed - we know you are close with this one :)
I seem to remember The Mythbusters searching for "the brown note" years ago.... Probably unrelated!

As stated to ThessToday.gr the Deputy Mayor of Immediate Intervention and Civil Protection of the municipality of Pavlos-Mela, Akis Arapoglou, will address the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and will ask for help from the relevant departments.
“The origin of the sound is still unknown and it certainly scares the residents. The investigation continues and we hope to locate the source”, stressed the vice-president of the Citizens’ Union “Meteora”, Nikos Papadopoulos.

The sound.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Key points:​

• The report attributed most investigated cases of Havana syndrome to various environmental or medical factors
  • A lawyer representing employees said the CIA is facing a revolt against overseas assignments in the wake of the illnesses
  • Investigations into the source of "Havana syndrome" continue