Book What are you reading?

Just finished reading for the second time. Very tragic but shows the will of the human spirit and the love and bond between a husband and wife during incredible times of hardship.
37966641.jpg

Still slowly smashing my way through John Connelly's Harry Bosch novels. Currently on "Two Kinds of Truth" which is number twenty in the series. Only three more and I'm fully caught up, thought I think he releases about one a year so it won't be for too long...

M00330535447-large.jpg

Started Ken Follett's "Century" trilogy. I used to love his espionage/WWII adventure books, we'll see how this one goes.

It's awfully on the nose in the current geopolitical climate, but I also recommend Vasily Aksionov's "Moscow saga".

Uhhh,,, Super book...The little drummer girl... I read it twice a year. The TV series based on it is also well done, although some things are ... too 21st century.. ( The interrogation, the character of Rose...)View attachment 384549

I remember enjoying the movie when it first came out. Info on the Mossad at the time was pretty light.

SecretsVichy.jpg

Extremely good book (I hope there's an English edition somewhere) which details some lesser-known episodes of the Vichy regime, like the return of the coffin holding the remains of Napoleon's son. As soon as I finish this one I'll delve into Mrs Vergez-Chaignon's "Les Vichysto-résistants" which deals with the anti-German partisans of the Vichy regime.

Since the 47 anniversary of Black April a few weeks ago, I am back on my Vietnam reading and just finished my second read of this book. Very powerful story plus a lot of good information about post-war life in the country, reeducation camps and the indoctrination that was incurred. Definitely recommend!

Attachments

• image_2022-05-11_174616708.png
    image_2022-05-11_174616708.png
    232.2 KB · Views: 68
Fairly sure that reading these two books obsessively as a kid is how I ended up working in aviation. The right hand one is a 1955 print I inherited after my Grandad passed away in 1984 and I read it that much the cover came off and had to be taped back on. The left hand one I used to borrow continually from the school library and this version of it I've just borrowed from the local library.

IMG_20220801_160130.jpg

Sailing Alone Around the World, Joshua Slocum.

A reread, it'll go quick. Great book, easy reading, recommended!

View attachment 389292
at the moment i am reading the fifth volume of this encyclopedia, it is called "war planes", quite old but it has good themes
greetings from Colombia! I can inform you today that I have finished reading the seventh volume of the encyclopedia and now I have started to read a book called "Diary of Korea", written by the legendary General of the Colombian Army Alvaro Valencia Tovar, who was in that conflict like Captain.
1661891231999.png

Following Gaz's cool post above. This book has has a strong effect on my love of the ocean.

Cover jacket long lost.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ishmael coming

Ishmael going

Crime and Punishment: Fyodor Dostoevsky

Third reading, the first two happening a long time ago at school. You know how you reread a book years later, and seem to find it had even a minuscule effect on your life or outlook on life?

Back