Politics The Greenies dictatorship takes hold

Jake84

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
TheMess.Net
Ukraine
It’s in the title, the greenie Mayor of Lyon, a French city well known for its gastronomy has decided to impose non-meats menus for school children without having to my knowledge had any talk with the parents. Officially the reason is the ongoing pandemic...

It’s only a beginning, IMO, as long as the city people will keep electing greenies/lefties, they will impose further restrictions and infringe on our freedom to eat, drink, smoke whatever we want.

I have to say I do not miss the time when people could smoke in bars/cafe/restaurants/trains/etc... to the point that the smell of cigarette has become close to foreign to me by now.

But "imposing non-meats menus" at school due to the ongoing pandemic? Hum... I fail to see the rationale there.
Unless France has been serving bat/pangolin meat at schools for the past 20 years?
Though I could have understood and, to some extent, agreed with such measures with the "mad-cow" crisis appeared.

Now, there can be debates on the necessity to eat meat everyday.

As for calling and "insult to farmers", perhaps the BBC and/or our government should slow down on the melodramatic undertone. It is not as if schools were high-end culinary establishments. Sure it's not prison food, far from it, but it's not of the greatest quality either.

My father is a huge Green. One of the first members of the NZ Green Party etc. He can’t stand vegetarians and vegans.

Good, but a minority opinion these days among them I’m afraid, as opposed to when your father maybe started adhering to these ideas.

It’s pretty ironic that, in this country anyways the biggest cities are almost all run by lefties and allies which include greens (sometimes red) who have more power than ever and have barely a clue of how rural and countryside life is. Spending a short vacay in the stick doesn’t elevate anyone to expert knowledge about the matter.

Good in a way because I’m a rural boy myself and a strong supporter of what’s good for planet earth and Mother Nature.

Thing is, and that’s when I start ticking is when some wants to ban such and such food or ingredients deemed unhealthy or polluting to them etc.

I wasn't aware that Mayors in France were responsible for setting the school lunch menus. I have a problem when a few elected folks start legislating their stupid minority ideas & beliefs on the general masses of the population. I guess it's time to start drumming up attendance for the next school board meetings. Probably would have been smarter to pop a few vegan items on the school menu before he went in full tard mode.

I can understand not serving meat every day if the pandemic cut down the supply due to the closure of meat processing facilities. That means just cut back because it is not available, don't cut it out.

Sounds to me like someone is using it as an excuse to push an agenda.

The french greens are highly active in pushing their ideologies, most of them not being linked to environmental issues.

In Bordeaux, the refusal to have a Christmas tree was pretty extreme.

In Lyons, no meat means some kids from poorer families might not get meat at all.

Honestly if it tastes good who cares.
The real theme here is dictatorship. In NZ the greensies are called watermellons . Green on the outside and red in the middle.

I was purposefully being hyperbolic, if you start such a discussion with a tame title, you ain’t getting any heated talks...

UK sorted this years ago:

We gave them ;meat' without much 'meat'
Note 'Turkey' means from a turkey, not white breast meat.

What's in a Turkey Twizzler​

Ingredients:
Turkey (34%),
Water,
Pork fat,
Rusk,
Coating (sugar, rusk, tomato powder, wheat starch, dextrose, salt, wheat flour, potassium chloride, hydrogenated vegetable oil, citric acid, spices, onion powder, malt extract, smoke flavourings, garlic powder, colour [E160c], mustard flour, permitted sweetener [E951], herb, spice extracts, herb extracts),
Vegetable oil,
Turkey skin,
Salt,
Wheat flour,
Dextrose,
Stabiliser (E450),
Mustard,
Yeast extract,
Antioxidants (E304, E307, E330, E300),
Herb extract,
Spice extract,
Colour (E162).

I heard on the radio that fish and eggs were still being served, so the kids won´t be forced into a political full veganist world.

Aye; if some of you thought I was vastly « exaggerating » with my OP and chosen title for this thread, I’ll link you to this:

The greenie French mayor of Poitiers has decided to end any subsidies and funding to the local aero clubs while adding that flying shouldn’t be a young children dream.

Part of me is a bit upset, because these sadly elected greens are imposing a lifestyle to children and at the same time try to keep a tiny bit of faith for humanity reading the backlash these Team Tard Greens © are getting after such claims: sane minded people even the city folks cannot reasonably re-elect any of them...

Aye; if some of you thought I was vastly « exaggerating » with my OP and chosen title for this thread, I’ll link you to this:

The greenie French mayor of Poitiers has decided to end any subsidies and funding to the local aero clubs while adding that flying shouldn’t be a young children dream.

Part of me is a bit upset, because these sadly elected greens are imposing a lifestyle to children and at the same time try to keep a tiny bit of faith for humanity reading the backlash these Team Tard Greens © are getting after such claims: sane minded people even the city folks cannot reasonably re-elect any of them...
I hope he never needs the air ambulance....

Funnily enough, she is perfectly fine with using a plane to enjoy her vacations in Tunisia.

But yes, this is indeed a form of weird medieval-soviet mentality where the leaders basically want to prevent "the people" from using certain things due to the fact "the people" would abuse these things and dilapidate them (due to the fact they, "the people", are... well... "the people").
Thus, these "things" should only be used by those deemed responsible enough (the leaders) for the good of "the people".

There is a very distinct "soviet hue" to that Green approach, with the apparatchiks enjoying certain privileges guaranteed by their status while claiming it was for the greater good.

Last edited:
................Well if the Mayor is found with a pitchfork found stuck in him .. .

Well he had it coming ...

Indeed. Not that it makes much of a difference but the mayor of Poitiers is a she.

Funnily enough, she is perfectly fine with using a plane to enjoy her vacations in Tunisia.

But yes, this is indeed a form of weird medieval-soviet mentality where the leaders basically want to prevent "the people" from using certain things due to the fact "the people" would abuse these things and dilapidate them (due to the fact they, "the people", are... well... "the people").
Thus, these "things" should only be used by those deemed responsible enough (the leaders) for the good of "the people".

There is a very distinct "soviet hue" to that Green approach, with the apparatchiks enjoying certain privileges guaranteed by their status while claiming it was for the greater good.
They deserve the extra riches because they have such a great burden looking out for us simple plebes who are just too stupid to look out for ourselves. Don't believe me? Just ask them.

Well, they tend to have some "good", or at least reasonable, ideas; about pollution in general, the use of toxic chemicals in the food industry, the harmful intensive farming, and such.

As it is, our modern, consumption-based, lifestyle is hardly sustainable on the long term. And that is while putting aside the natural climate changes (droughts, floods, hurricanes, forest fires, etc...).

But the thing is, the Greens tend to go farther than that and are, if not actively, trying to push a sort of regressive, "sustainable", "reusable" policy. Like dry toilets, or sanitary pads with wood chips.

And I have seen my fair share of dry toilets while beating the US National Parks trails. To put it in a simple and comprehensive way: no.

Back