Politics Saudi Arabia executes 37 people, crucifying one, for terror-related crimes

Jake84

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
TheMess.Net
Ukraine
A part of me think: that’s great, the other part: yeah, right... Wahhabi regime #1 supporter of terror worldwide executing terrorists.

I share your apathy Jake . The Saudis executing terrorists ......... Get rid of the whole leadership of SA then maybe I might just start believing them .

Terrorist in todays term can be nearly anyone with a different opinion or agenda.
Aint easy to be terrorist in Saudi Arabia ?

Fair point kirva . Hasn't the US classed Iran's republican guard as terrorists ? That's a blatant misuse of the word terrorist when they happen to be the national defense force of a sovereign nation . Not that the US is wanting to start hostilities with Iran or anything .......

Fair point kirva . Hasn't the US classed Iran's republican guard as terrorists ? That's a blatant misuse of the word terrorist when they happen to be the national defense force of a sovereign nation . Not that the US is wanting to start hostilities with Iran or anything .......
10 years ago I would have been raging with this kind of double standards but today I just move on.
Very hard to find balance in todays age.

Not sure what they have achieved by that but I'm "sure" Trump knows what he is doing ?

10 years ago I would have been raging with this kind of double standards but today I just move on.
Very hard to find balance in todays age.

Not sure what they have achieved by that but I'm "sure" Trump knows what he is doing ?

Yep, lybia was the last one for me . Let's do this and spread democracy was always the narrative . Not really turned out that way has it .

... Hasn't the US classed Iran's republican guard as terrorists ? That's a blatant misuse of the word terrorist when they happen to be the national defense force of a sovereign nation . .......

The national defence forces of Iran are the Iranian Army, Navy and Air Force. The Republican Guard are more of a political armed force to defend the "values of the republic", akin to the SS in Nazi Germany.

The national defence forces of Iran are the Iranian Army, Navy and Air Force. The Republican Guard are more of a political armed force to defend the "values of the republic", akin to the SS in Nazi Germany.

Your saying there not in control of the government in Tehran ? I doubt it .

No I'm totally in agreement that they're a part of maintaining control of government in Tehran. They're a political force like the SS or Blackshirts were. Classifying them as a terrorist organisation isn't that much of a stretch.

"The death penalty was implemented on a number of criminals for adopting extremist terrorist ideologies and forming terrorist cells to corrupt and disrupt security as well as spreading chaos and provoking sectarian strife,"

The above is from the Saudi Press Agency.

Legit terrorists or Shia political opposition members? Hard to trust anything out of Saudi Arabia. I share in @Kriva's somewhat cynical skepticism and as you noted @Jake84 could be a case of terrorist Saudi government killing rival terrorists.

No I'm totally in agreement that they're a part of maintaining control of government in Tehran. They're a political force like the SS or Blackshirts were. Classifying them as a terrorist organisation isn't that much of a stretch.

Come on , armies tend to not make much money , past pillaging . Are you saying small donations from places of worship are keeping the republican guard afloat ? Id say the republican guard are state backed .

Comparing them Nazi SS group is a bit of stretch isn't it ?
Can't remmember any vilages being burnt down and people closed in churches being burnt alive.

I would just add that biggest democracy is running similar model in reverse. Army is the one who spreads the demcracy accross the world and national guard(plus other agencies) is taking care of domestic issues.

If only everyone sticked to their own borders and minded their own business.

Comparing them Nazi SS group is a bit of stretch isn't it ?
Can't remmember any vilages being burnt down and people closed in churches being burnt alive.

I would just add that biggest democracy is running similar model in reverse. Army is the one who spreads the demcracy accross the world and national guard(plus other agencies) is taking care of domestic issues.

If only everyone sticked to their own borders and minded their own business.
Hmmm
On the bold part The IRCG did it few years ago, particularly during the revolution (and it is not certain it is not doing it again now in Baluchistan and other volatile areas)
They are not white doves and given some of their abroad operations, they can indeed be classified as a terrorist organization
If you want a comparison, their Al Qods brigades are akin to former soviet Spetznaz (action behind the lines) but targetting politico-civilian infrastructures rather than military ones

On a side note, this US move (plus the fact that USA decided to strangle oil sales of Iran) is like pouring a barrel of TNT on a blazing pyre
This is very reminding of the "choke Imperial Japan" during 1939-1940. But of course, if Iran reacts, it would be the bad guy again ....

For me isn't calling elements of Iran's defence force terrorists merely a way of trying to circumnavigate Congress ? You call them terrorists , then it comes under the patriot act which in effect means the president does not have to seek approval from Congress for military action .

The above is from the Saudi Press Agency.

Legit terrorists or Shia political opposition members? Hard to trust anything out of Saudi Arabia. I share in @Kriva's somewhat cynical skepticism and as you noted @Jake84 could be a case of terrorist Saudi government killing rival terrorists.

23 Shia and 14 Sunni.

Having seen the pictures of a couple of the IED attacks on police AFVs in Qatif from a few years back I don't buy the 'they were just a bunch of stone throwing kids' angle. They were IRGC trained pros just like the ones who were targeting the Coalition in Iraq back in the day...

Hmmm
On the bold part The IRCG did it few years ago, particularly during the revolution (and it is not certain it is not doing it again now in Baluchistan and other volatile areas)
They are not white doves and given some of their abroad operations, they can indeed be classified as a terrorist organization
If you want a comparison, their Al Qods brigades are akin to former soviet Spetznaz (action behind the lines) but targetting politico-civilian infrastructures rather than military ones

On a side note, this US move (plus the fact that USA decided to strangle oil sales of Iran) is like pouring a barrel of TNT on a blazing pyre
This is very reminding of the "choke Imperial Japan" during 1939-1940. But of course, if Iran reacts, it would be the bad guy again ....
IRGC are amateurs in comparison to SS. You are European so I believe you know our history quite well ;)

23 Shia and 14 Sunni.

Having seen the pictures of a couple of the IED attacks on police AFVs in Qatif from a few years back I don't buy the 'they were just a bunch of stone throwing kids' angle. They were IRGC trained pros just like the ones who were targeting the Coalition in Iraq back in the day...

Saudi Arabia beheads 37, mostly Shiites, for terrorism crimes; places body and severed head on pike

Saudi Arabia on Tuesday beheaded 37 Saudi citizens, most of them minority Shiites, in a mass execution across the country for alleged terrorism-related crimes. It also publicly pinned the executed body and severed head of a convicted Sunni extremist to a pole as a warning to others.

snip...

Amnesty International said 11 of the men were convicted of spying for Iran and sentenced to death after a "grossly unfair trial." At least 14 others executed were convicted of violent offenses related to their participation in anti-government demonstrations in Shiite-populated areas of Saudi Arabia between 2011 and 2012.

@Royal, appears the Saudi Government is sending a very subtle message here....

Severed head of state's enemies on a pike is pretty old school. If they were indeed terrorists, then good riddance.

@Royal, appears the Saudi Government is sending a very subtle message here....

Severed head of state's enemies on a pike is pretty old school. If they were indeed terrorists, then good riddance.

Again, I'm non military but wouldn't keeping them alive created a better opportunity to gather information to combat what where supposed to be combatting ?

Back