Question? Njrotc Cadet Needs Advice.

H

Happyhippo

I'm a 15 year old weakling cadet in N.J.R.O.TC
What military service should I join? I'm weak, but good at computers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there happyhippo, i voted for Navy, i'm not saying everyone in Navy are "weak" , but in my opinion in Navy there's so much technical stuff you can do, that it could be your branch. Ofcourse all kinds of computers are in use on all branches, so nothing is totally out of question. But if you choose any military training, my advice is: Make sure you are at least in reasonable condition. Trying to start military in bad condition is HARD, i have personal experience of it. :mrgreen:

All right mate!
Go Navy, at least you don't have to run everywhere!
I'm ex army so a tad disloyal however, if I were to do it all again, that's prob what I'd do!

:shock: Urge to shout at shout at people in white uniforms RISING!!! I would think the air force would murder me less, I have bad asthma and my joints aren't completely locked in place(My arms leave their sockets). I personally think the navy and marines are the elite but the air force should have more technical advantages! I can barely swim. Seems they say I should get myself one of them white suits, eh? I'll do my research. I am scared by silly stuff Like "Aye'aye" or "Ready ready to soar, hoo'ra!"

Happyhippo said:
:shock: I have bad asthma and my joints aren't completely locked in place(My arms leave their sockets). I personally think the navy and marines are the elite but the air force should have more technical advantages! I can barely swim.

Jeeeesus buddy you sound in bad shape ?

R U sure the Armed Forces will accept you with ailments like that?, im only asking coz Im pretty sure the UK Armed Forces would fail you just on the Asthma. I could be wrong though :roll:

Get a check up before you do anything or you may find yourself in the deep and smelly stuff very quickly!

Zofo said:
Get a check up before you do anything or you may find yourself in the deep and smelly stuff very quickly!
I hope it'll wash off.
I just cant run over two miles, and I can't do over 40 pushups. I might be able to do 3 miles but i'd need to take those damned asthma pills.

tam said:
Methinks you are into urine extraction young man.....
Well, maaaaybe..... why do friend tam need of knowing?
hmmmm
"People in stone huts shouldnt throw grapefruits, WHATA WASTE OF FOOD!"
Im into shiny things, and Dime swallowing contests!

tam said:
Methinks you are into urine extraction young man.....
Well, maaaaybe..... why do friend tam need of knowing?
hmmmm
"People in stone huts shouldnt throw grapefruits, WHATA WASTE OF FOOD!"
Im into shiny things, and Dime swallowing contests!

Sorry, HH. But if I were you I'd get a complete physical then talk to several recruiters. Just don't get your hopes up too high. I voted Marines but the Air Force would be your best bet.

Like Bombardier, I'm questioning your ability of being accepted by any branch, given your medical history. Like someone else suggested, I'd talk to a recruiter or two about their minimum requirements. I don't know anything about your asthma, but I do know that people can grow out of it during their adolesence.

I wouldn't worry too much about your physical strength. You're still a growing lad with a couple more years, minimum, to fully develope. However, be advised that ALL branches have a Basic Training program that requires a certain amount of physical fitness; some more than others. Plus, the military has a way of slimming down or bulking up recruits as needed through physical exercise and diet. Myself [I turned 19 in Basic], I was 5'11" and 155lbs. when I entered the Army. When I graduated from Jump School 6mos. later, I was 6'0" and 175lbs..

I voted for the Air Force as my suggestion, given your quest for a tech job. Plus, their living conditions and food is better than the Army [I know this firsthand] and Marines. I think the Navy lives pretty good, too.

Good luck at whatever choice you make.

P.S. You DO know that none of us can actually pick this for you. It ultimately is your decision based on what you want out of it and feel that you can put into it.

Back