Funny Letter to the Prime Minister

airborne

Mi Sergeant Major
MI.Net Member
This from an ex Royal Marine mate of mine !!

Dear Mr. Minister,

I'm in the process of renewing my passport, and still cannot believe the fact
How is it that Dick Smith (Electronics) have my address and telephone number and know that I bought a TV cable adapter from them back in 1997, and yet, the Federal Government is still asking me where I was born and on what date?
For God's sake, do you guys do this by hand? You have my birth date on my social security card, it is on all the income tax forms I've filed for the past 30 years. It's on my 'Health Care Card, my 'Commonwealth Health Card, my driver's and shooters licenses that include photos, my 'Old Pension Card and on the last six passports I've had, it is also on all those stupid customs declaration forms I've had to fill out before being allowed off planes and through immigration control over the last 30 years, also on all those insufferable census forms that we fill in at election times. Would somebody please take note, once and for all, that my mother's name is Mary Anne, my father's name is Robert, and I'd be absolutely astounded if that ever changed between now and when I die!!

Bloody Hell !

I apologize, Mr. Minister.
I'm really pissed off this morning. Between you and' me, I've had enough of this bullshit!
You mail the passport application to my house, then you ask me for my 'address? What is going on? You must have a crew of Neanderthal assholes workin' in your Canberra office. Look at my damn picture. Do I look like Osama Bin Laden? I don't want to dig up Yasser Arafat, for God's sake. I just want to go and park my arse on a sandy beach somewhere quiet to relax for ten days. Would someone please tell me, why would you give a damn whether I plan on visiting a farm in the next 15 days ? If I ever got the urge to do something weird to a chicken or a goat, believe you me, I'd sure as hell you would not want to tell anyone !

Well, I have to go now, 'because I have to travel 70 miles from where I live to go to the city and get another bloody copy of my birth certificate which will cost me $60 out of my meagre 'Old Age Pension pittance !
Would it be too complicated to have all the services in the same office block to assist in the issue of a new passports
the same day ? But nooooo! that' would be too damn easy because it makes sense. You'd rather have us running all over the place like headless chickens who have to find some government dickhead to confirm that it is really me on the goddamn photograph - you know, the one where we're not now allowed to smile!

Bloody Morons !
You know why we can't smile? 'Because we're totally pissed off with your department's ineptitude!

Signed - A very irate 'Australian Citizen.

P.S.
I served in the military for over 20 years and have security clearances up to the level of the Prime Minister. I was aide de camp to the Lieutenant Governor of our State for ten years, I have been doing volunteer work for the local health and safety community service in the town where I live the past ten years. And now you inform
me I have to get someone "important" to verify who I am -- you know, somebody like my doctor

'WHO HAS ONLY LIVED IN AUSTRALIA THREE YEARS, CAN HARDLY SPEAK ENGLISH, AND WAS BORN AND RAISED IN COMMUNIST BLOODY 'CHINA !

Another example of unbridled governmental interference without common sense being the guide, instead their goal is to make us all feel safer while trying to reinvent the wheel. Good intentions are not enough when compromises are made at every level of service and the end result is that no one is any safer and most of us are if anything, more frustrated and disgusted with our own governmental checks and balances. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing and nobody shares information or talks to each other. And the bad guys laugh all the way to the bank, taking advantage of our citizen rights in our democracy that protects them more from us then it does us from them. It's the same here in America, incompetence seems to rule the day.
Semper Fi

Back