Photos Italeri C-130J to C-130J-30 1/72

tomthounaojam

The Glue Sniffer
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
Greetings Mates,
Hope all is in good spirit. Yes, Zvezda's new C-130J-30 is coming out anytime soon and why am doing this? Well, I had this kit and for a while wanted to make it into the extended version, I tried to get the resin conversion then I realized it is more expensive than the kit itself so time for an experiment. I ordered some stuff from abroad but sadly still stuck in customs so it was pretty much with whatever I have. For the next few days I would read many documents and forums for the required surgeries I realized most is resin conversion, however, there was a C-130H 1/72 conversion that keeping in mind with some reference material I started my endeavor. First I chopped the front and rear then I was wondering how to make the plug I tried some plastic but it won't fit well so make it a square one, as I was measuring the gap and attached a small wooden plank It was my Eureka moment. I cut some wooden plank into small pieces and attached both sides some parts I used a nail plier carboard hehe it was easy to make a curve, then sand and sand the whole say to make a round shape. Then it is tons of epoxy which I let it dried for the night and next two days sand and sand again. It literally exhausted me and since my paints are stuck with the bane department (custom) so back to local paint for which you need some additional works. I have to say this has to be the most exhausting yet learning build in recent time. Will I do it again haha, well NO for this scale, and the saving grace is the Zvezda's kit. Anyways, it is not perfect and there are some errors here and there but tried my best, and here are pictures, thank you for watching any feedback welcome.
Cheers

00-1.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

00-2.jpg

00-3.jpg