GMW Finish Wartime Archive

Matzos

Mi Lieutenant
MI.Net Member
Here is a link to the Finish Defence Force Wartime Photographic Archive.

The only drawback is that you have to enter your search requests in Finish, I used Google Translate for this. The images are not titled very well and this can make the searching difficult, so I just used works like airfield, German, 109 for example.

The site states "The downloadable photographs from the Wartime Photograph Archive can be used by anyone. When you publish a photograph from the archive, mention "SA-Kuva" as the source. (This means "Finnish Armed Forces photograph" in English.)" all downloadable images are in hires and are around 4mb in size.

Here are couple of images, the archive is very large and covers all topics

Last edited by a moderator:
Great find Matzos think I will go and download a few. (Y)

Thanks mate, I got carried away one night and in the end got 500+ downloaded, sad or what!

No not sad mate, I will probably do the same myself LOL solaf

Perhaps you gentlemen need to get a life, expand your horizons, that sort of thing. Listen to me talk, I'm addicted to Doc Martin.

Perhaps you gentlemen need to get a life, expand your horizons, that sort of thing. Listen to me talk, I'm addicted to Doc Martin.
Do you mean the Brit TV Show Doc Martin?, if you do I have to say nobody watches that over here LOL ;)