Video European Super League .. Born out of Financial Greed

colin traveller

Mi Field Marshall
MI.Net Member
TAARB
The chairman of Real Madrid is the chairman of the newly created football league which 6 UK Clubs have agreed to join . Do the owners of such Clubs honestly believe the fanbase has the funds to follow them across Europe to watch them play . But to see Ex players of such clubs now speak out and complain when they never said a word when the traditional European Cup tournaments altered for the worse . They ruined the format of the European Cup whereby a team can now play and win it without having won there respective league .. where is the honour in that !!!!!!!!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I also remember when in France you were allowed max 3 foreign players in your team. The team was a city team, like the "stade Toulousain" in rugby was the Toulouse team (before professionalization).

Basically now the teams are filled with people with little relation to the city.

I'm not a football fan in the slightest but have been watching this with interest as a lesson in how to take a dump on your own fans. The BBC are reporting that Chelsea and Man City are pulling out though at this point it's unclear why.

I used to really like sports and I mean any sports (unless you include curling) and remember watching the Winter Olympics of Salt Lake City as a youngster then almost all night long. Probably the Lillehammer ones too well before that.

I mean, there was a time when the world spawned characters like Maradona, Eddy Merckx or André Agassi.

The “world-class” athletes of today, namely - Ronaldo, Messi or Neymar have no character to speak of, show their mugs on chips bags or social media’s and indulge us their diatribes about the world.

I’m reactionary but that’s the way it is. Money has long killed sport.

I will be honest and say that I gave up on Premier League this season. My wife was asking if I'm turning the game on on Saturday morning and I'm all "meh..."..... Since they got into all the virtue signaling, BLM love, I'm "out".

Same goes, by the way, for the Super Bowl and Nascar's Daytona 500... So much BLM side chatter and it really took the interest out of the event for me.

I will be honest and say that I gave up on Premier League this season. My wife was asking if I'm turning the game on on Saturday morning and I'm all "meh..."..... Since they got into all the virtue signaling, BLM love, I'm "out".

Same goes, by the way, for the Super Bowl and Nascar's Daytona 500... So much BLM side chatter and it really took the interest out of the event for me.
Stopped watching when they started the taking the *iss - taking the knee thing

Deduct 30 odd points as punishment from all six and from looking at the table you'd likely end up with a top three like Leicester, West Ham and Everton and at this point, I imagine most English football fans would absolutely love it.

I started watching the Premier League 20 years ago and have been a solid supporter of one of "The Big 6". This year, even though I've had a little more time to watch than I have had the last 5 years, I just have a hard time watching. There has been so much PC virtue signaling I just can't take it. I watch sports as an escape to get away from the realities of the world, not have them rubbed (the wrong way) in my face. After this debacle, I'm just about done. If I do keep watching, I'll pull for one of two other teams that I like, one that is on the bottom or the other one that is currently in the Championship.

The Owner of Spotify has announced he wants to buy Arsenal .. the very same owner who made his fortune by under cutting musicians ... ripped them off from the get go . Now Arsenal fans .are now posting they will buy / ditch Apple music for Spotify premium if the sale goes ahead .. oh the irony ...

Well, this jacked up wackadoodle season is the gift that just keeps on giving, not. I opened up the PL website to see who won ManU-Liverpool and I see this instead:

It seems that there was some sort of protest that got out of control, brought about largely by the debacle of the proposed formation of the Stupor League. Between all of the stupidity, politics, and greed, it is making it extremely hard for me to continue having any interest in the league at all, especially the "big sux six clubs".