Police Dude was dancing

The shoot was considered legal although here in Australia, once the threat has stopped i.e. he has dropped the weapon and on the ground...all those other rounds being fired would be considered excess force and possibly manslaughter.

I can't believe the number of rounds still being fired into him after he is down and quite obviously no longer a threat and NO I'm not armchair QBing, I'm a current LEO who's been in the situation. I've got no problem with this idiot getting his full deserved due of summary justice but after he's down the bullets keep coming and that's a BIG no no here ;)

no expert, is he wearing a vest, he looks kinda big, especially the shoulders. thus the continuation of the shooting, even when suspect is down

In the UK we have a Common Law power to use 'Reasonable Force' the first few shots would have fallen within that however the rest, not a chance!.
I dont doubt that the cops felt in fear of their lives and those of their colleagues but how does it look to the Jo public, we have seen how bad things can get when the people are not happy with the force used by law enforcement and its not pretty

The common law decision under R v Griffiths (1988) affirms the common law use of force as "an honestly held belief that you or another, are in imminent danger, then you may use such force as is reasonable and necessary to avert that danger". ... Everyone's right to life shall be protected by law.

Last edited:
no expert, is he wearing a vest, he looks kinda big, especially the shoulders. thus the continuation of the shooting, even when suspect is down

Yes mate I thought he might have been, just wondering if they really needed to keep using lethal force once he was down. I wasnt there so I am not criticising the cops so much as questioning what I saw.

Just looked at it again, no vest, just a really big guy. You can actually see his man boobs ?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Where my ride?

Have to say he brought it on himself as he exited the car firing . . . so no sympathy for him, as to the number of shots hitting when he went down and afterwards its not instant stop when he drops, peoples reaction time vary, and as said it appears a case of keep firing until the threat is neutralised.
In the past US Police officers have been killed and seriously wounded by perps who were down but not out.

Two officers wounded but survived from the video description -

The Chatham County grand jury on Monday found that Savannah-Chatham police officers were “legally justified” when they used deadly force to stop Tyrie Cuyler from fleeing a traffic stop in October. “Grand jury finds that no further action is required,” the March term panel said in a civil finding returned after presentation of evidence Monday. That presentation by Chatham County District Attorney Meg Heap and Chief Assistant Greg McConnell included body camera footage from officers Ruben Colon, Michael Gonzales and John Hauber at the scene. A fourth officer, Daniel Kang, did not activate his body camera. Cuyler, 25, was shot and killed in a gun battle with Savannah-Chatham police officers shortly before midnight Oct. 27 after a routine traffic stop turned deadly. Colon and Gonzales were shot and wounded by Cuyler before he was fatally shot when police returned fire at the intersection of 37th Street and Ogeechee Road. Both officers survived. Georgia Bureau of Investigation agents were called in that night and conducted the investigation, referring their findings Heap. The March term grand jury on April 20 recommended a civil inspection and investigation into whether the officers’ use of force was justified and notified Savannah-Chatham Police Chief Joseph Lumpkin. Lumpkin declined an invitation to respond to the presentment before it was published, which by law he is entitled to do, Heap said. She added that Lumpkin did appear before the grand jury considering the evidence.

Bodycam Shows Cops Shooting Man With Knife in Seattle Apartment

Surveillance Camera Records Deadly State Street Shootout

Back