Photos Awesome Military Photos and Videos

DavidWarden38

Mi Recruit
MI.Net Member
Figured this is a thread worth starting. I see some awesome pictures when I go to the ITS main site, but I want MORE.

Here's pictures I have personally taken:

In the cockpit of an MV-22B Osprey. I believe I was getting ready to ops check an actuator I had just replaced.
7bl0goZ.jpg

MV-22B Osprey engine nacelle opened up for phase maintenance.

JRXsxiz.jpg

Waiting for fuel at MCAS Miramar.

iR1BtWc.jpg

Marine F/A-18Cs and Ds at MCAS Miramar. I will not confirm nor deny that the COs jet was tagged in the middle of the night with numerous 'VMM-263' logos and dicks. Lots and lots of dicks. For those unaware of what 'tagging' is in the air wing community, it's embarrassing to let another unit put a sticker, paint their logo or anything on your aircraft. Tagging another unit's aircraft is an art, as I've seen vicious ass kickings for being caught in the act.

3PtcAk9.jpg

The rare and lonely USMC CH-46E on the ramp at Will Rogers World Airport.

HcMran0.png

A USCG HH-60 doing a hover check prior to take off at Will Rogers World Airport.

tmFzzDq.jpg

A USCG HC-130J taxiing in at Will Rogers World Airport after the May 20th, 2013 tornado that hit Moore, OK. No, it was not carrying supplies. But it was carrying DHS officials that came for some unknown reason.

v0u2ldr.jpg

Now for some photos I didn't take, but have found them to be pretty awesome.

A USMC MV-22A Osprey from VMX-22 refueling a F-35B.

kgxvgGU.jpg

An F-35B or C (unknown, but note the gun pod underneath the belly, which only the B/C has. The A has an internal gun) breaking away from a chase plane.

19uHHKF.jpg

B-52Hs and a B-2 on the ramp at an unknown location. My guess is Andersen AFB on Guam.

IaEpQjP.jpg

Awesome was a night launch of the vaunted F-14 Tomcat...you had to be there on the roof to experience the thunder and roar!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In case you did not know the Tomcat was retired on 22 September 2006. In 2007 the USN scrapped all Tomcats except those in museums and on display...contrary to whatever kind of hooey you read online the Tomcats are not coming back.

F-14A Tomcat aircraft climbs out over the South China Sea, with its afterburners ignited, during a flight off of the aircraft carrier USS RANGER (CV-61) in May1989 (USN photo)
1547213966611.webp

Nice clip from a low flying S-37 Viggen
Low flight starts at 3:05
Have in mind that this is an official clip Ergo the flight altitude according to regulation. Reflection: Viggen pilots were known for "stretching the regulation envelope" To bring back to base hundreds of feet of telephone wires, twigs and smaller branches hanging from their pylons and tail belly fins. They trained as wars are to be fought

Viggen mixed versions low flying in I believe a four-ship (Mute the volume as the music track is rubbish!)

If a Swede can't find a fighter a chopper works

T-90M with "Ainet" in action, 00:40 launch and footage. Shell explodes before reaching target

T-90 features the Ainet fuse setting system which allows the tank to detonate 3OF26 HE-FRAG rounds at a specific distance from the tank as determined by the gunners laser rangefinder, improving its performance against helicopters and infantry.

M1064s are always awesome... except when they're not

I do not want to imagine when I get to your aircraft carrier, they will put it to wash your plane with a toothbrush?mil-smile04Mil-smile01