Rant Archies-secret-christening

BCNTM

Banned User
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
Canary-Islands

Don't you find it funny we have not seen any photos of Archie without a hat on?

Simple reason :- Ginger Afro(Y)

seen as though it's a royal thread with a rant banner I'll leave this here . Can't they just get proper jobs like the rest of us ?
going same way as Andrew to be honest - Harry needs to be careful not to undo all the good he has done

I wish someone would give me £3.1 to do my house up :rolleyes:

Am I reading this properly? Are you guys willing to get rid of The Queen/Monarchy or what?

Am I reading this properly? Are you guys willing to get rid of The Queen/Monarchy or what?

No , I'd rather have the royals over a president any day of the week . Great for tourism and foreign diplomacy . The queen remains immensely popular and I do miss Phillip and his gaffs ( he did have a car crash the other month ) . The main gripe with the royals are the " hanger oners " , low level royals you never hear of and don't do much but get to live a privelaged lifestyle . As for megan / Harry , I'm with blackcat , going the way of Andrew / Fergie . Perfect example , Andrews daughters Eugene and Beatrice do bugger all but get funded by the taxpayer to effectively go around being " royal" . No doubt Archie will tread the same path .

Not that much of a problem actually if only a very small number of « royals » do bugger at all at taxpayers expense, guess that’s the downside about the monarchy.

Clue: hundred of thousands of Britons probably also are on welfare and leeching off the UK (disabled not included) so these few spoiled royals unheard of aren’t your guys biggest issue IMO.

no the Queen is the Queen and she has a lot of respect - its just some of the hangers on

Harry - I have a lot of respect for but he needs to be very careful how he plays this as his popularity is taking a bit of a plunge

Not that much of a problem actually if only a very small number of « royals » do bugger at all at taxpayers expense, guess that’s the downside about the monarchy.

Clue: hundred of thousands of Britons probably also are on welfare and leeching off the UK (disabled not included) so these few spoiled royals unheard of aren’t your guys biggest issue IMO.
that's another issue but lets start with the hundreds of thousands of immigrants first who are just here to leech my tax pound

I would have work for welfare - plenty of building to be done on HS2 - give them a spade

None of my business, as I'm not a subject of the Monarchy. However, I'm sticking my nose in enough to say: who cares whether or not we get to see photo expose of the christening. Leave them the heck alone if it's not official policy/rule that such a thing be witnessed by the common folk.

Harry has never been more popular down here. Even amongst Republicans, he's seen by and large as a reasonable sort of character. The jury is still out on his missus, but the ranga is going okay.

I have a few friends who’ve met Harry and Meagan.

I asked them to pass on my regards to Harry and say “How yoooo doin’ “ to Meagan.

They said they did, but I’m feeling a bit unsure about the whole thing.

The folks I know who have met Harry all said he seems like a good bugger, including one who had a lot of exposure with him on Apache.

I wish them all well.

Especially the wee fella.

Give the guy a frigging break. He wants some privacy for his kid - after what he went through I really can't blame him.

As far as the house conversion goes, the bloody place was falling down because there hadn't been any work done on it for decades. Its a Grade 1 listed building so that means that any work on it has (legally) to be done to a particularly high standard and in keeping with the original works. Trust me, that ain't cheap. My gaffe is a fraction of the size and I'm a royal only as far as my user name goes and I've probably spent around a fifth of that on it. I'd say 2.4 mil was a bargain to keep another bit of our national heritage from falling down.

Give the guy a frigging break. He wants some privacy for his kid - after what he went through I really can't blame him.

As far as the house conversion goes, the bloody place was falling down because there hadn't been any work done on it for decades. Its a Grade 1 listed building so that means that any work on it has (legally) to be done to a particularly high standard and in keeping with the original works. Trust me, that ain't cheap. My gaffe is a fraction of the size and I'm a royal only as far as my user name goes and I've probably spent around a fifth of that on it. I'd say 2.4 mil was a bargain to keep another bit of our national heritage from falling down.

On the first point, yes - completely agree. If they want to keep family stuff private then they should be allowed to.

On the second, these renovations irk me a little bit. By all means spend a fortune on preserving our national heritage but if the public are paying for it, then arguably the public should have access to it and be able to go and see it. If they want to preserve the building and then keep it for themselves then they should pay for it, the same way you or I would have to.