Politics Wokism/Woke/World gone crazy

and2a.png

American exchange student leaves Europe angered that no one is interested in the colour of her skin

A 26-year-old US-American woman spent eight months trying to integrate in Europe. But nobody understood that she wanted to be perceived as a young, black woman.

In the USA, she is constantly asked about her ethnicity, says 26-year-old project manager Nadia Crevecoeur. She has to state her ethnicity on government forms. When people see her skin colour, they ask about her roots. But during her eight-month stay in Europe, people showed no interest in her ethnicity. On the contrary.

"People said: 'Why do you always bring up your origins?' Your parents are Haitian, so you are Haitian!", Nadia told Business Insider. The fact that she doesn't feel like a Haitian, a typical US-American or a typical European - but a Black woman - didn't interest anyone.

"People [in Europe] were just very confused about my identity," said Nadia. "In the US, I'm not just a woman, I'm a Black woman! That's an important part of how I see myself in this world!"

As someone who grew up "with a strong understanding" of her identity, she was "surprised and exhausted" by the indifference of Europeans. She felt "being windedup" and therefore left Europe.
Well … oh well.

The article goes on explaining how she felt depressed because no one asked her about her being black, and how she advises Americans to second-guess moving to Europe.

Frankly, America is F***ed.

By the way, I think Britain is the only country in Europe where they'll still ask you to state your ethnicity on government forms. In many European countries it would be downright illegal to put that question on a government form.

Thanks to the Norwegian national railways releasing a new line of merchandise I can now finally show the world how much of a fan of the NSB I really am! 🤗🥰*

* The NSB was the Dutch nazi party who collaborated with the Germans. I'm sure this collection will do great among a certain crowd ...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.