Politics Shortages all around the world

Of all the odd things you've heard recently, we seem to have a shortage of liverwurst going. Plenty of TP and paper towels - meat sections in stores are well stocked. Both places we shop buy local beef & piggies and process the meat themselves.

But no liverwurst for some reason. I did score a small roll yesterday... however, Flop Ears isn't too thrilled with the liverwurst ration plan. Well, neither am I - I likes me some of that occasionally.
Leberwurst, yuck...
The sole grocery shortage here is still liverwurst for some odd reason. Plenty of milk, bread, TP and other common supplies.

I've heard of meat shortages, but local groceries buy local animals from local packing plants and do cutting & wrapping themselves.

Now if I could just buy gunpowder & primers...
Jesus dude, what is it with you and liverwurst?

You know what? Just for liking that worst of all German meat concoctions you need to hand in your Muricah-Card.

Come back when you've acquired a taste for Teewurst, like a real gentleman.

Shoppers to be hit by second wave of ‘inevitable’ food hikes in coming weeks, experts warn​

• Milk, egg and tomatoes have already risen in price – and now hikes due on bread and flour
  • Price hikes in animal feed, energy and fertiliser along with supply chain issues will lead to an ‘inevitable’ rise in food prices
  • Production costs are forcing potato, vegetable, poultry and pig farmers out of business

Not a shortage yet... just becoming unaffordable.

Shoppers to be hit by second wave of ‘inevitable’ food hikes in coming weeks, experts warn​

• Milk, egg and tomatoes have already risen in price – and now hikes due on bread and flour
  • Price hikes in animal feed, energy and fertiliser along with supply chain issues will lead to an ‘inevitable’ rise in food prices
  • Production costs are forcing potato, vegetable, poultry and pig farmers out of business

Not a shortage yet... just becoming unaffordable.
...and what is it that makes these things 'inevitable'? is this the holdomor but on grand global scale? so its just one of those things that needs to be done to "save the planet"?

A workmate just ordered a new Toyota Tacoma Access Cab, 4x4. He wanted a manual shift, but would have to wait until possibly mid 2023 to get one. He was able to get an estimated delivery date of July for an automatic with the V6. :-0

The new Ford Ranger has no manual transmissions here in Australia.

I am currently driving a Ford focus RS. It has a six speed manual only. Admittedly it has a shift light but still it is a man's car. I have also done a few mods like Mountune short shift and Mishimoto cold air intake. Next step is a Mountune performance recirc valve and dyno tune.

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yes it is fun. Trust me I have a massive air induction pipe feeding into the turbo. It is fun to drive.

A workmate just ordered a new Toyota Tacoma Access Cab, 4x4. He wanted a manual shift, but would have to wait until possibly mid 2023 to get one. He was able to get an estimated delivery date of July for an automatic with the V6. :-0
In addition to the "regular" shortages, I suspect that there's at least some increase in demand in the US because people are trying to get cars before Biden's government totally screws them up within the next 3 model years.

I am currently driving a Ford focus RS. It has a six speed manual only. Admittedly it has a shift light but still it is a man's car. I have also done a few mods like Mountune short shift and Mishimoto cold air intake. Next step is a Mountune performance recirc valve and dyno tune.

200.gif

I even got my calculator out, still came up 4 cylinders short...

sort of strange, the manual shift would have far less electronic gizmo's so I'd expect it to be easier source. The manuals just aren't being made to meet the demand... they can't make 'em or a bean counter guessed wrong on demand

Over here I'm thinking of a PHEV Skoda (they are all auto), but I'm told it's well into next year for that. I can get a manual similar spec this June.

7 month wait here for my brand new VW.
Manual or auto? Seeming as the VAG range are all the same thing they probably all have the same shirtages

Shanghai port workers will be isolated so the port can stay open.
Here we go again. Yet the previous delays haven't even caught up yet.