Politics How likely is a civil war in Europe by the end of the 21st century?

Jake84

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
TheMess.Net
Ukraine
First off, let me say that even my title for this thread is a controversial one and maybe laughable even.

However, just a few days ago in France, a member of the govt of Macron suggested that Europe and the EU particularly should get 50M immigrants by 2050 because of our low birthrates, and these migrants would help pay the pensions of the indigenous in Europe by then.

How does a continent welcome 50 millions say, Sudanese, algerians, Malians, Morrocans, Pakistanis or Afghan in only 30 years?

If they are legally migrating and then working, it shouldn't be a problem, but will that be true of every of them? Probably not.

Also, it's clear that among the 50M he or others humanitarians want for Europe, 90% will be Muslims, whether Sunni or Shiite.

In the meantime, "White population" are on the decline because of their fertility rates.

Add to the mix how much diverse "White Euros" are already... the difference between how eastern Euro countries see the EU and western countries like France, The Netherlands and Germany, Belgium which are all already pretty diverse ethnically speaking.

Look, I'm not going to go ramble like that Psycho Anders Brevik in his Manifesto, but do you all believe we can "integrate" so many people from so many different backgrounds without going, if not civil war, at least some serious unrest...?

Thanks for reading. Discuss.

Last edited:
I don´t think we even need to import more migrants to have a problem...

On the other hand I was in Nice and Paris at the end of November, and reading about the country from abroad gave me a worse image than what I felt once there. I saw young "beurs" working as Uber drivers, talked to them a little, say of course they work two jobs...but they work, and I found that reassuring. same goes for some Beurettes running a "le pain quotidien" bakery in Montmartre working their asses off to serve customers with a smile.

One thing howver that I felt is the geographical segregation in Paris due to rising real estate costs. I lived not far from the "Abesses" square, and it was rather mixed, there were always some black kids playing at the subway exit...but twenty years later, only "bobo" white couples. The others moved out I suppose. In the end, not automatically something good.

I find this discussion illegal.

But definitely if you bring in large numbers of muslims without completely changing their mind on issues such as sharia, then there is going to be huge problems when their population get high enough. European countries would definitely change, even without any war because people don't change their core values easily.

Immigration is not going to fix the birth rates of Europeans; the birth rate is low, because there is no long term incentives to have kids due to welfare state. Others don't want to have them due to high costs (if you start piling them in a single room apartment, government is going to take them away). Battle against climate change which increases the costs of new housing, transportation, food and everything, isn't helping.

In old days you needed to have kids to have someone take care of you when you were old and to have people toll the field. Romantic ideas about having a family only take you so far.

There is one other way; we could all turn muslim, or better yet; Laestadian! Birth rates would climb due to banning of contraception but Europe would still stay mainly european, although having lost some of it's core values.

Or maybe we really need to increase funding for artificial womb; government could raise the babies. They would of course not build an army of super soldiers.

So many options, all dystopian. Except the one where we young people accept responsibility and learn to live with some inconvenience caused by kids. Stopping demonizing motherhood for young women could be a good start. At least in Finland people look at young woman funny, if she want's to be a mother instead of wanting to concentrate on her career (in 90% of the cases, it's really just a job).

ah the big elephant in the room the left and part of the right has been ignoring for fear of losing voters and PC points. I think if the number of migrants does not increase or only slightly we have a chance at creating some kind of balanced multicultural society which somehow still embraces core progressive social and cultural values. but 50 m? no. better kiss the positive aspects of the enlightenment legacy goodbye and adjust to a more halal lifestyle.

This video is about 10 years old and might be considered controversial, but seemed perfect for this thread.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Actually its not really the religion per se but more the culture from the area you harvest your brown people.

Isn’t there already a civil war in Europe? Specially a country that is getting a lot of attention these past few months?

But in all seriousness, I foresee something like South Africa for the rest of Europe.

Ethnic communities wall themselves off from other ethnic communities and paramilitary/criminal gangs operate in safety in their own communities while attacking outsiders. Authorities become powerless and irrelevant as private security takes the reigns. Corruption, collapsing infrastructure, and economic hardship fuel the fires of hatred and homicides.

Or... or... oooooooor... people actually get over the skin color and they start living together. Does it always have to be civil war or racial war with the west. Jeesas! And im the one with 5 guns and 1000 rounds of ammo.

This video is about 10 years old and might be considered controversial, but seemed perfect for this thread.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It doesn't seem controversial,but just seems to be BS with figures which seems to come from someone's @rse. (Let me be clear before any misunderstanding,I am not targeting you,but the one who made this video.)

Oh,BTW,there's still 5 years left to the Netherlands to become half muslim. Oh wait ?

I love how the only source of immigrants the Europens see are Muslims. :D

Indeed,as if there were only africans and middle easterners out there.

It all depends on how you get them integrated, the 50 mill. figure is way overblown. One just has to set some basic rules, like no freeloading have to work etc. adhering to general values regard all es equal etc. In general some sort of control.

Also possibilities to expulse people whne just coming for freeloading and comitting crimes. Make it a valuable asset of just being here.

Then again birth rates are not that bad.

The EU had 513 million inhabitants in 2018, the continent is the most crowded on earth.

To add to Telmars experience I have now a few new collegues. Spoke to one from Iran yesterday, he is an able IT guy eager to learn German and improve his English skills. Nice and friendly guy. His girlfriend is also in IT and studying here.

In teh meantime I think that the more atrractive places on Earth to live in will prevail due to intelligent people not wanting to put up with authoritarian S**t.