Polar

Mi Staff Sergeant
MI.Net Member
Buccaneer from Royal Navy
994168619m.jpg

994168018m.jpg

994167866m.jpg

994167709m.jpg

All pic from Royal Navy hompage http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk and © Crown Copyright 2004. All rights reserved

Aaah, the Buccaneer. No aircraft quite like it, before or since.

RAF (formerly RNAS) Lossiemouth - the home of the Buccaneer on and off for well over thirty years - is just three miles from where I type, as a result I knew this magnificent aircraft for all of its service life.

LONGER - FURTHER - FASTER

Overheard in the Officer's Mess, RAF Lossiemouth, on the eve of the Bucc's retirement............."With what do you replace the Buccaneer".............the reply was simple..........."another Buccaneer".

In reality, it takes 4 Tornados to accomplish the task of 1 Buccaneer on most missions, I have that first hand from several ex-Buccaneer aircrew now on Tornados - all would go back to flying the Bucc tomorrow.

I have a heap of Buccaneer pix, but all on print film including loads of close-up cockpit shots - I must get scanning.

Polar nice choice buddy these are fantastic pics of a really good aircraft :mrgreen:

The Flying Banana! The only British aircraft in the 1st Gulf war equipped with the pavespike laser designation device for "smart" bombs! Proved itself worthy 100 times over when the RAF moved from low to medium height bombing!