Politics Myanmar military coup

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah, nothing to rejoice about, being basically under a military siege for a year at least.

This is what happens when international organizations and the media undermine what little democratic hope there is by focussing obsessively on human rights. The smear campaign against Aung San Suu Kyi has enabled the military to stage this coup to undo the small progress that has been made. They expected of her to turn the country into a democracy overnight and for the military to go along with this without any objections. Like she could stop the military from committing genocide and destroy their power base in an instant. Yet another example of Western idiocy in thinking that democracy can be implemented just like that, flawlessly with one simple stroke of a pen. The Balkans, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Ukraine. They never learn.

Overall agree, it sort of worked in the Balkans, who are just still at each other’s throats regarding politics and football but otherwise can get along just fine.

Overall agree, it sort of worked in the Balkans, who are just still at each other’s throats regarding politics and football but otherwise can get along just fine.

There are still NATO troops in the Balkans 22 years after the last round and if the region doesn't continue to be monitored closely by NATO and the EU I suspect the various religious and nationalist factions will be at it again in no time.

The coup wouldn't happen If the woman was wearing bikini.

Can we please have coups in our neighborhood in peace, without making it an American political thread? Place that under the biden thread and leave our coups alone. :D but seriously, not everything revolves around f***ing America and its politics.

I am hardest hit, the border is closed for a while and my home state is a dry state and we get cheap booze from Myanmar, and now with the border with lots of military guys roaming can't get any booze as per the latest trader news. Sad life

Last edited:
Can we please have coups in our neighborhood in peace, without making it an American political thread? Place that under the biden thread and leave our coups alone. :D but seriously, not everything revolves around f***ing America and its politics.

They do like to refer to themselves as the world's police . I think that particular moniker needs putting to bed .

They do like to refer to themselves as the world's police . I think that particular moniker needs putting to bed .

People whine when the US don't get involved.
People whine when the US get involved.

Anyway, this is a crisis that international repercussions due to its actors. The US position on the matter is therefore relevant.

I am hardest hit, the border is closed for a while and my home state is a dry state and we get cheap booze from Myanmar, and now with the border with lots of military guys roaming can't get any booze as per the latest trader news. Sad life

Have you applied for refugee status? Has the UN contacted you to appear as a witness at a human rights violations tribunal? Have you tried sending your GPS coordinates to relief agencies so they can attempt an air drop?

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that our hearts go out to your plight ?

In most cases the US is either behind the coup or sticks it's nose where it doesn't belong in the matters of other sovereigns nations. Thank the Biden fanboys that got ol' slush puppy-for-brains elected so the establishment could return from it's four year drought of global interference. I remember you as one of the biggest anti-Trumpers around so don't come here complaining now. Just like everyone else you will have to reap what you have sown.

Would probably need to take care of itself instead of sticking its nose all around the world.

“World police”. Start cleaning up your mess at home first. In the meantime, China is about to overtake the US, whether we like it or not and mind you; I’m far more a “fan” of the US than I’ll ever be of the CCP.

@tomthounaojam Sorry about booze shortage buddy.

In most cases the US is either behind the coup or sticks it's nose where it doesn't belong in the matters of other sovereigns nations. Thank the Biden fanboys that got ol' slush puppy-for-brains elected so the establishment could return from it's four year drought of global interference. I remember you as one of the biggest anti-Trumpers around so don't come here complaining now. Just like everyone else you will have to reap what you have sown.
You missed my point, this is supposed to be about the Myanmar coup and you trumptards are trying to bring in American political issues into it. How about stopping from flooding the thread with your American political bs and keeping it to the American threads.

"reap what you have sown" you make it sound like I give a flying F*** about the political scene in the US. Just stop shitting in all the different threads about your anti biden or american internal political BS. One could have post "America warns Myanmar" etc. and have left the internal political commentary. The election is over and your asses lost, deal with it and move on. If you cant move on thats what the "biden presidency" thread is for.

Good idea to try to keep them separated. Don't know if it will happen, but it would be nice.