Intro TheMess.Net Landing Page

Greeting peeps! MP.net old-time lurker and member there, from Western France.

Glad to see the group has gathered again and is still crazy after all these years!

My acquired taste for contemporary history hasn't left me, and you'll probably find me on History threads. For those who are interested, I have a treasure trove of French WW2-era pictures to share as soon as I familiarize myself with the photo posting procedures on this new site.

Last edited:
I could say the same of quite a few MI names I've seen today! I've often wondered what has become of the old MPnet crew, particularly in these most troubled of times.
Welcome to MI.net @AtlanticFriend, many of the old MPnet posters have congregated here but to be fair @Bombardier has had this site running brilliantly for around 17 years now. We were lucky to find MI.net and to find a welcome here ;)(Y)

Welcome to MI.net @AtlanticFriend, many of the old MPnet posters have congregated here but to be fair @Bombardier has had this site running brilliantly for around 17 years now. We were lucky to find MI.net and to find a welcome here ;)(Y)
17 years? Gosh darn, this goes to show my Google-fu hasn't improved with the years...

Hello again, everyone! I don't really miss arguing about politics, but I was curious to see what everyone's take is on the horrible situation in Ukraine - so I decided to visit and I have to say it's nice & nostalgic seeing 'familiar faces', so to speak. I hope everyone is doing well, all things considered.

*Been in MP.net & TheMess afterwards, but stopped visiting gradually on account of being really busy.

Hello, I used to be an old school lurker on MP.net and the mess. I fell away from the website many years ago; so today I finally wondered what happened to theMess.net which led me here?

Is this the forum that eventually replaced the Mess?

Anyway, after some looking around it looks like I recognize some Old School MP and theMess avatars. It's nice to see some familiar faces.

Just wanted to hi.

Hello @Shermans_March, actually and unfortunately TheMess died after several years of activity and MI.net here and its Founder (@Bombardier) suggested to shelter some or many of us, so we followed.

This site therefore isn’t the successor of both sites you mention but a different one only with indeed many familiar names.

By the way, where did @Mordoror go? Did he leave or did a ban hammer hit him?

By the way, where did @Mordoror go? Did he leave or did a ban hammer hit him?

He left, he was getting overly concerned and emotional about the Ukraine conflict and was surprisingly very much pro Russian which made him an oddball here being challenged harshly enough by the rest of the community.