Politics The UK general election - 12 Dec 2019

Jeremy Corbyn apologises for Labour election result

Sent via @updayUK
"Unrepentant about message of hope". We had "Hope and Change" for 8 years, you guys are welcome to it. About all we got out of it was a disastrous Obamacare, Cash for Clunkers and the Feds selling US guns to El Chapo in Fast and Furious.

I have a message of charity, you all give me all your money, trust me you will feel better if you do this...….

Scotland voted to remain in the EU .. Scotland is not a region we are a nation state 75% of the votes went to parties that support remaining in the EU and one of the main claims/statements by the pro unionists in 2014 stated that the only way that Scotland can remain part of the EU is by voting NO that was central to the no campaign without it along with the promise of near federalism and the promise that all future referendums would be issued from Holyrood ... the UK would not exist today ... either it's coming to a end very soon London cannot force Scotland to remain in the UK
There was no national vote in Scotland, so please dont decide how everyone voted.

There was a national vote on Brexit and the vote was to leave.

Previously there was a vote in Scotland for independence, or to stay in the Union, the vote was to stay in the union, what part of voting don't you all understand in Scotland???

You don't get to see the result, then say it wasnt what you wanted. Obviously for lots of people votes don't go the way they wanted, we cant all form our own countries - its not passport to pimlico!!

Cash cow? Are you on crack?!
you will soon see when we leave the UK ... GERS will be fully shown up for what it is a pack of lies set up by former Tory MP Ian Lang to belittle Scotland where the figures are based on what UK GOV spends on BEHALF of Scotland we already pay for 100% of Scotland's capitol projects that we also have to pay 8.4% of the UK's as well ... Scottish companies hit with billions in services charges that companies from the rest of the UK are not hit with .. and oil and gas companies leases will be null and void in North sea and North Atlantic as their current leases are for UK waters so they will have renegotiate new leases and they will not be given away for peanuts like they are by Westminster ... North Sea oil is worth £350 million a day or £250 million shy of £128 billion per year Scotland's entire maritime boundary has vast reserves of untapped oil and gas and London will have to look elsewhere to put trident then the Clyde estuary will be boom time for the oil and gas industry we already supply 75% of UK's gas needs, 8% of England's electricity and 96% of the UK's oil extraction ... heathrow's two biggest customers are Scottish Salmon and Scottish Whisky

There was no national vote in Scotland, so please dont decide how everyone voted.

There was a national vote on Brexit and the vote was to leave.

Previously there was a vote in Scotland for independence, or to stay in the Union, the vote was to stay in the union, what part of voting don't you all understand in Scotland???

You don't get to see the result, then say it wasnt what you wanted. Obviously for lots of people votes don't go the way they wanted, we cant all form our own countries - its not passport to pimlico!!
The vote was only won by the NO side because of the vow and promises made that we're not delivered like Near Federalism and Guaranteed EU citizenship among other promises ... the UK had it's chance and failed to deliver their promises so the vote of 2014 is null & void ... London CANNOT force Scotland to remain in the UK simple we are not Catalonia and we sure as hell ain't no region .. remember the 13th of December SNP won 45% of the Vote Scottish greens won 1% that's 46% and not included in the voting was 16 & 17 year olds and the 200K EU citizens that will be legible to vote in Indyref2 just like they were during Indyref ... and the NO campaign has no one to lead them put wee Kim Jong Ruth in charge the Yes vote will be 60% + .. Scot's don't like being told what to do by Tories

Last edited:
heathrow's two biggest customers are Scottish Salmon and Scottish Whisky

Salmon is Heathrow's biggest cargo export by weight, not by value. I don't know about Whisky, but I seriously doubt it's near the top for either weight or value.

Scotland voted to remain in the EU .. Scotland is not a region we are a nation state 75% of the votes went to parties that support remaining in the EU and one of the main claims/statements by the pro unionists in 2014 stated that the only way that Scotland can remain part of the EU is by voting NO that was central to the no campaign without it along with the promise of near federalism and the promise that all future referendums would be issued from Holyrood ... the UK would not exist today ... either it's coming to a end very soon London cannot force Scotland to remain in the UK

Qik Recap ..... SNP Sought to have a vote on Independence .. they were granted one and they lost even though they were even desperate to allow 16yr olds to vote as they assumed many of them would vote for them ...

And they continually said it's a ONCE IN A LIFETIME VOTE .. And still Sturgeon is like a broken record still playing the Indie card ....

And thise shower of .......................................... Clearly care more for FOREIGNERS THAN SCOTTISH HOMELESS .. AND LESS FORTUNATE . They would rather offer them a breakfast .. talk about the height of desperation .. for future votes .. Whilst there homeless on the streets clearly shows where there priorities lie ..

SNP proudly boasted they were building 80'000 AFFORDABLE HOMES ... clearly stated in there previous election leaflets ..

HAHAHAHAHA Absolute lies yet again ..

SNP proudly boasted they were building 80'000 AFFORDABLE HOMES ... clearly stated in there previous election leaflets ..

HAHAHAHAHA Absolute lies yet again ..

And also the Tories promised money for such an undertaking., But it never happened....... Blame others for your own flaws is a common Machiavellian behaviour

And also the Tories promised money for such an undertaking., But it never happened....... Blame others for your own flaws is a common Machiavellian behaviour
Never was ever gonna happen ... no matter . All the affordable homes have been taken over by ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, from .................who have turn those area's into dumps ..

Never was ever gonna happen ... no matter . All the affordable homes have been taken over by ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, from .................who have turn those area's into dumps ..

By not building affordable homes you ll turn the whole country into a dump . Went out last nite and was shocked at the amount of homeless sleeping in doorways . Sure a lot looked " spiced up " but I'm guessing homelessness and synthetic drugs go hand in hand .

Salmon is Heathrow's biggest cargo export by weight, not by value. I don't know about Whisky, but I seriously doubt it's near the top for either weight or value.

Top 5 UK Export Commodities (by value via Heathrow)

• Precious metals - £26 billion
  • Aircraft turbojets - £3.3 billion
  • Jewellery - £3 billion
  • Medicaments - £2.8 billion
  • Paintings and Drawings - £2.4 billion
Any gold mines in Scotland - nope, its in wales.
Any jet engine factories - nope its in england

Sorry to bring facts to an argument......

• Jewellery - £3 billion

I suspect that Tizer is quoting something (In good faith) that was in some pro-leave literature. Scottish Salmon is indeed Heathrow's biggest customer but with several (Very large) caveats - as I already, said it's their biggest cargo export by weight, so that is arguably true as far as cargo is concerned (And if you ignore the weight vs value argument). If you bring pax into the equation then I suspect Heathrow make vastly more on landing/takeoff fees on passenger flights - I have no proof of this, just anecdotal evidence of often working in an office that overlooks a runway at LHR and for about fourteen or fifteen hours a day, a passenger flight lands or takes off about every minute. The majority of those flights are BA flights carrying people, rather than freight.
I wouldn't argue if someone could prove it to me otherwise, but I find the suggestion that Heathrow's biggest customer is anyone other than British Airways - as a people carrier, rather than a cargo carrier - to be hard to believe.

• Jewellery - £3 billion

On another note, I'd assumed those exports of precious metals weren't stuff that was being mined here, I assumed it was stuff that being stored in banks here for other people.

Heathrow:

Turnover 2.7BN
Government takes 4BN in passenger tax
80M passengers