buVIJdI.jpg

sBz4Ele.jpg

q3MZuCJ.jpg

Thanks!

0iIWoqN.jpg

WN6DhUc.jpg

ktxRuWn.jpg

5Gverkc.jpg

And here's an earlier picture of the first rifle pictured that I first posted before this post. That was it's first form before it finally evolved into it's current and hopefully it's final rendition, a proper recce rifle. Only took me three different classes at Gunsite to finally see the light, haha.

RrCNwnX.jpg

You have an M2 @LimaCharles? If so you are my favourite friend in the States 🤣

My favourite weapon in the services, loved any time I could get a shoot on old Ma Deuce!

Yes, but that one is a semi only. Transferable M2's are crazy expensive and not many want to let theirs go so it's very rare to find. But I still had to scratch that itch for one and found a guy out of Montana with the right kind of FFL to assemble one.

Right now it's in a shop local to me having a rail being mounted and they're going to remove the rust from the AA mount, clean it up, and refinish it in the correct CARC paint. Plans are to use an EXPS 2 dot along with a G45 magnifier behind it for the passive sighting system. Active aiming I'm thinking maybe a DBAL from Steiner, haven't decided yet but if I can find a MAWL for a good price I may go ahead and use that instead. Strongest civilian legal visible and infrared laser on the market.

Last edited:
A little Update

Sold my 16,75 Ar
Bought a "mock18“ in 10,3
Also some suppressors and modified my savage.308, Cut the Barrel to 16 inches
Since i have a hunting license now
I can do all those Things
Its Like an even more expensive "Tax stamp" that makes this possible

Oh and i bought a Kimber custom tle II sr
Wich i dont have a Picture of right now
DSC_1220.JPG
DSC_0688.JPG

Last edited:
A mini recce using a quad, eh? That's going to be my next project, a 6mm ARC 12.5 mini recce but without the quad and in Mlok. Just made a swap of parts with another guy on Tacswap for the stripped upper for it, a BCM.

When I was going through my parts weeks ago and realized that I almost had everything but the upper, a barrel, and BCG, a light bulb appeared. It'll be my GOAT rifle and a true do all. And most likely my swan song AR15.

A mini recce using a quad, eh? That's going to be my next project, a 6mm ARC 12.5 mini recce but without the quad and in Mlok. Just made a swap of parts with another guy on Tacswap for the stripped upper for it, a BCM.

When I was going through my parts weeks ago and realized that I almost had everything but the upper, a barrel, and BCG, a light bulb appeared. It'll be my GOAT rifle and a true do all. And most likely my swan song AR15.
Yeah, i ditched the holosun/magnifier Combo
Mostly because of what i do with the stuff anyway, hunting and pretty much stationary Shooting on a flat range, other Cool stuff is pretty hard to come by Here in Germany
Plus my eyes start to struggle with the fuzzy Red dot, iam Not 18 anymore 🤣
Quadrail is the best rail lol

Yeah, i ditched the holosun/magnifier Combo
Mostly because of what i do with the stuff anyway, hunting and pretty much stationary Shooting on a flat range, other Cool stuff is pretty hard to come by Here in Germany
Plus my eyes start to struggle with the fuzzy Red dot, iam Not 18 anymore 🤣
Quadrail is the best rail lol
I am an unashamed Aimpoint whore. Still have the eyes for them, so they're staying. Between the Pro, ACRO P2, H-1, H-2, T-2, M4, and the M5, I'm pretty set. However those are for short distance SHTF or for lightweight competition or training rifles. The recce concept is a great concept. The first modern nation to outfit some of their forces with it is the UK with their recent KAC purchase. A red dot on a higher plane for NVG passive aiming, and for faster heads up close quarter engagements, and a scope for PID and longer range needs.

Occasionally I'll have to smoke a coyote getting too curious about our chickens. The Park Service removes them hassle free if we have the hunting permit.

Eh, everyone likes something different. Nothing wrong with that. I have a friend who prefers Mlok for his personally owned guns but on his duty rifle while on patrol in Payson for the tribal police, he wants it to be a quad because it's very strong and can take a drop and bumps.

Inspired by your picture, back when I had my crappy DPMS AR-10 I fitted a "bayonet" to it....

69&authkey=%21ADzo4W_LzPaXvE0&width=392&height=950.jpg

That rifle was a total POS, could never get it gassed right to work with a suppressor.

Sounds like the port was either undersized or not aligned properly. Getting a rifle tuned in with a can can be done if the parts are in spec and the assembler has any bit of competence. I use a bore scope to do my final checks. There are barrels here from certain manufacturers like Geissele and Triarc, with undersized port holes just for suppressor use only.

Sometimes but not often, the cure could also be an improperly mounted extension tube not torqued or staked to spec that needs to be corrected. Or it could be as simple as exchanging buffer weights coinciding with an adjustable gas block. Riflespeed makes a really nice one that is tool-less to use. And then there's also tolerances being stacked too.

Luckily for me some sucker bought it off me for the same price as I paid for it - so I never had to worry about it again.

The kid mentioned how she was not liking her G42. So I asked if she wanted my 43X since it was a tad longer for a more comfortable grip. She said it was too thick. The 43 wouldn't do as the wife isn't giving hers up for anyone, and neither would buying another because the kid hates that grip size too.

Hmmm...

365X? Definitely the 365X.

KjxWtDB.jpg

Here it is in the middle with the 42 below and the 43X above.

ABSV4IA.jpg

If she wants a red dot also, well I can do this for her too. First rounds with her getting familiar will be sometime this week or the next. The hospital is killing her with the hours right now.

Hit the range to try out Ely Club 22 ammo I've had laying around for a while. Very accurate and mild but cycled my Ruger 22/45 100%. My Euro pals were scoffing about the "Hubble Telescope" on a 22, but it's accurate enough to shoot chin whiskers off an Amish fly @ 25 paces! ;^)
IMG_0320.JPG

Same here, you can technically get the license if you’re free of a criminal record/mental health issues etc, but every other years you’ve got to renew your license to the police station, have the local prefecture be well aware you have firearms home.

Hunters have it easier of sort, and yet they need to keep their rifles in a safe, and in the trunk of the car while driving to the forest.

ETA: replying to TheKiwi.

Back