Terror Explosion rocks central Beirut

Some suspect a building full of ammunition and explosives went up.

Apparently they had confiscated a large shipment of fertilizer some years back.

Lebanese solution in other words. Bury something somewhere and forget it until it literally blow up in your face.

Apparently they had confiscated a large shipment of fertilizer some years back.

Lebanese solution in other words. Bury something somewhere and forget it until it literally blow up in your face.

Though that’s only one theory that emerged. I’d wait until we know for sure, if we ever know the true story.

Have a feeling the death toll will be horrendous, nonetheless.

The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs reports that four employees of the Dutch embassy in Beirut and a partner of one of them have been injured in the blast, at least one person is reported to have sustained serious injuries.

Upwards of 2,500 people injured to me indicates some sort of organized event. I'm not aware of any other foreign nationals/embassy staff, but it might be that there was some sort of typical network gathering where the Lebanese government tries to get foreign countries and businesses to invest and/or cooperate in their national industry. Many foreign nationals + humiliating the Lebanese government seems like a great target for a terrorist organization.

Last edited:
So it looks like it originated on the dock side of those (grain?) silos, perhaps in the truck depot directly adjacent the water, or maybe even on a barge or small ship? Just ruminating on the actual source. That shock wave is horrific!

What’s really feared at the moment is a number of firefighters that were first on the scene might or have been killed by the huge blast after the first few blast and fires.

it will no doubt be your fault...... anyway where you been - good to see you back

No. Even the Iranian embassy in Lebanon (!) does NOT think it was the Israelis. Some common sense even from them happen.

I just saw two vids...I am at a loss for words...the shock wave is unbelievable.

I can´t imagine the number of victims.

No. Even the Iranian embassy in Lebanon (!) does NOT think it was the Israelis. Some common sense even from them happen.

Funny, though, how fast some are already jumping on the "Israel did it" bandwagon.

Some "journalists" I know are already pushing this idea under the cover of "I have sources".

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

NEW — Preliminary security information talks about 2,700 tons of confiscated ammonia in the Beirut port exploded during the process of welding a small hole to prevent theft, per

Dozens dead, thousands injured in massive Beirut explosion

Following the explosion, Defense Minister Benny Gantz and Foreign Minister Gabi Ashkenazi conveyed via diplomatic and security channels Israel's offer to provide humanitarian relief and medical support to the Lebanese people. Israeli defense officials denied that Israel was connected to the explosion, which came as the IDF was on high alert along the northern border in anticipation of a Hezbollah attack.

Additionally, Ziv Medical Center announced that it is "experienced and prepared" to assist in any way possible.

Lebanon's interior minister said initial information indicated highly explosive material, seized years ago, that had been stored at the port had blown up. The minister later told Al Jadeed TV ammonium nitrate had been in storage there since 2014.

Lebanon's General Security director told Al-Hadath that reports that the explosion was caused by fireworks were "ridiculous" and that the explosion involved high-quality explosives. The Interior Ministry stated that the explosive being stored at the warehouse was ammonium nitrate and that customs should be asked why it was being stored there. An odd smell was noticed in the area after the explosion, according to Al-Mayadeen.

"Due to the explosion that rocked #Beirut Port today, one of our Maritime Task Force ships was damaged, leaving some naval peacekeepers injured. #UNIFIL is assessing the situation & stands ready to provide assistance & support to the Lebanese Government," United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) tweeted on Tuesday.

Sources from Hezbollah told OTV Lebanon that there was "no truth" to reports that the explosion was caused by an Israeli strike on Hezbollah weapons at the port. Hezbollah operatives were seen at the port after the explosion, according to Al-Arabiya. Al-Arabiya reported that the explosion occurred at a weapons depot belonging to Hezbollah.

Ali Choeib, a reporter for the Hezbollah-affiliated Al-Manar said that Hezbollah Secretary-General Hassan Nasrallah was scheduled to speak on Tuesday night, but cancelled due to the explosion.