DSCF0078.jpg
DSCF0080.jpg
DSCF0082.jpg
DSCF0083.jpg
DSCF0084.jpg
DSCF0085.jpg
DSCF0086.jpg
DSCF0087.jpg

Glad you liked them mate, hopefully will have some more of 40 Commando in Sangin soon. I agree though photos like this are an insight into the lives of our boys and girls in combat and priceless as you say Mil-smile01

Just spoke to Paul's dad (my brother) on the phone he has a disc full of Paul and 40 Commando in Sangin so he is going to post it to me in a few days. :)

Your a future Marine mate, I am glad I can pass on Pauls experiences in photos to help you understand more of what is involved. I feel it a duty to support our future warriors, fighting for our country (whichever that is) is such a privilege and yet one has to know if that is the right way to go.

I had a lot of advice, most of it biased towards the military, in some ways so did my Nephew Paul Warren. We have fought long and hard about what could have been if we had not have pushed our military heritage at him so hard, but hindsight is 20/20 mate. But I doubt we would change anything.

Im not trying to patronise you bud, I know what you want and believe me your English fighting spirit is akin to our roman, Anglo Saxon and Viking ancestors, and it impresses me hugely. Just speak to your parents and listen to what they have to say, they have been around a lot longer than you.

I hope you make the right decision for you and your family, because they should always come first. And if serving and protecting them within the military is the way you show that....... You will always have the ongoing respect of me and MI.Net, I am sure of that.

RESPECT !!!

Eloquently put @Bombardier, and I can second everything that you said. I also come from a military background and listened to my father and my grandfather's stories about life in the British Army and the idea of service to one's people and country were I guess bred into me. I also was given a healthy dose of reality and the waste of war. I was never actually pushed towards a military life but graduated towards it genetically if you will.

@Herc15 , heed the last sentence in the bosses post. ;)

graduated towards it genetically if you will

Indeed buddy and perhaps a good point, if you were born a Warrior then that's what you will be (one way or another)

It is Important to realise that there are lots of ways of fighting a battle, no more so than in this day and age with Cyber Warfare and such like. I wouldnt want the content of our website make you believe that war is glamorous... Jeez!! it is not and I take no comfort in talking about it now, as I am sure our other Vets do not. It is brutal, savage and down right ugly, makes you wonder how the human race has survived this long (well that's my thought any way).

Forget what you see on video games and TV/Movies it is nothing like it. (and again I don't mean that in a patronising way)

Bombardier OUT!