Photos "Battle of the Bulge"....then and now.

G

guest0001

"The Bulge"....70 years later

An abandoned "Panzer V Panther", in the village of Rodershausen in Luxembourg

Summer of 1945:

The same spot a few years ago:

they upgraded the house in the background ! is battle of the buldge same as the adrennes battle ?

they upgraded the house in the background ! is battle of the buldge same as the adrennes battle ?

Yes, all tough the original house had been repaired after the battle, it was torn down and replaced by a new building about ten years back.
"Battle of the Bulge" = "Ardennes Battle".

Yes, all tough the original house had been repaired after the battle, it was torn down and replaced by a new building about ten years back.
"Battle of the Bulge" = "Ardennes Battle".

for some reason i don't know i like the way those old style german houses look like . i remember in budapest , hungary in a corner of the town before the airport all the houses looked just like that , and it was pretty scenic . i also remember some farm houses in ontario , canada also look like that .

This place was easy to identify on the original pic, dating back to the winter of 1944/1945. The US Army unit is not identified, but my best guess would be either 5th or 80th Infantry Division.

Oh, and the place is called Stegen, a small village in Luxembourg.

I already posted the WWII pics in another thread, but they are also good material for a "Then and Now" shoot!

The building in the first one has not much changed over the years......

The village of Roullingen in January 1945, this is just about a mile away from "Mons Schumann" where the 26th Infantry Division got caught up in what were the most horrible combats in the "Bulge Salient"