Photos Airfix Viggen 1:72 1(971 kit)

tomthounaojam

The Glue Sniffer
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
Hi Folks,

Got some free time so I started with this really old Airfix kit, I wanted to make it into splinter camo but I can't as the kit is of prototype one so I stick so what it was. Lol the instruction was missing so I have to get from elsewhere, thinking should I add the Rb-04 once the build is done. The kit requires a lot of dedication, has it has lots of fit issues, gaps and require filling and sanding, wish I had minions, also the panel lines were raised so I rescribed a bit and also did little riveting. The progress so far, hopefully, I will be able to finish it soon.
Cheers

The kits very basic and hard plastic

zero details cockpit

comparing the seat with a resin one

gaps are quite visible

after filling and sanding

first primer for checking imperfections lots were there but i ignored it

first silver paint

applied shading to highlight the lines, will be tonning it down

excellent job on what is really a mediocre kit ... there's a couple of excellent new 1/72 viggen kits coming to the market soon

excellent job on what is really a mediocre kit ... there's a couple of excellent new 1/72 viggen kits coming to the market soon
Thanks, mate. Yeah Tarangus has a new tool kit ( super expensive, unless you live in Sweden) and their kits are reboxed with some new parts by Special Hobby, a new one is coming out this August.

Thanks, mate. Yeah Tarangus has a new tool kit ( super expensive, unless you live in Sweden) and their kits are reboxed with some new parts by Special Hobby, a new one is coming out this August.
yeah that was the kits i was referring to ... i have myself down for the special hobby kit ... the Tarangus kit blew me away though

Back