Food & drink What are you drinking?

Couple of these this weekend, on hot and dry summer afternoons! Not my photograph, just a good example of color of ale and of the label.

(Oh, and some rye whisky... f'in whisky)

View attachment 444252

Haven’t found anything from them here obviously and haven’t traded for it either, but I keep hearing good thing. A kölsh usually makes for a great pizza pairing too.

Wife got skybox tickets to the Boise Idaho PGA golf tournament on the Korn Ferry Tour for Friday night. I pre-loaded with a heart kielbasa dinner as we had to rush there after work, but I am glad I did! Why? Because free hard drinks! I am pretty sure I had only four strong Woodford Reserves with club soda and then one Stella for afters. Then, we stumbled down the hill to one of the lawns between the greens where they had a summer evening Joan Jett concert. Ubered it home. We were pretty fairly toasted, but I managed to not go over the edge.

Saturday? I had an 'effing headache all day long. A hike in the mountains with the dogs and plenty of hydration drinks made it survivable.

Es ist Oktoberfest season. While I am far from München I could still find this. Nice little haul of traditional German styles:

IMG-9509.jpg

^---- Mmmmm! Hacker Pschorr!

My wife bought me two bottles of rye whiskey about a month ago. I can report that the High West Double Rye is very very tasty. Spicy! The Redemption High Rye Bill Bourbon was, as you can expect, much more mellow and non-rye drinkers would find it approachable!

^---- Mmmmm! Hacker Pschorr!

My wife bought me two bottles of rye whiskey about a month ago. I can report that the High West Double Rye is very very tasty. Spicy! The Redemption High Rye Bill Bourbon was, as you can expect, much more mellow and non-rye drinkers would find it approachable!

I need to try these kind of things again, I've never been able to get into any whiskey based spirit.

Or, you know what you like. Your liver may also thank you!

I just got the point a while back where I‘d drink some much beer that I was done with it for a while.

Watching the dogs enjoying nature on the steps and on coyote/mountain lion/black bear over watch with a rifle nearby, and the wife just brought out mugs of peppermint hot cocoa for the two of us.

Life is good.

This is a Barrel Aged stout from Prairie Artisan ales… oof, comes with a kick butt 13% ABV and leaves no head, is super thick and tasty.

IMG-0099.jpg

This was part of a mixed haul I got with a friend from Florida traveling to London and who could send it to me, which I naturally reciprocated…

IMG-0087.jpg

^---- Really? Wormwood vodka!!!!???? Actually, I'm not surprised. Same country which has a coastal region where they make vodka with amber in it! I got to taste that.... Not sure about that...was I.

Going for a night out in Sheffield this evening, have scoped some decent pubs known for ales, then a day session in Nottingham (which has some cracking pubs) on Saturday. The ole liver will be begging for mercy on sunday!

Carlow, Ireland, here’s the back of the bottle and label for more information. It’s pretty tasty.

IMG-0604.jpg

Back