Photos T-62 abandoned after hitting a mine - my first diorama

NebrHogger

Mi General
MI.Net Member
United-States
It's not completed, but the tank is pretty well done with scratch built cope cage. This is an older Tamiya self-propelled kit with built in rack for C cell batteries. The big appeal was its sale price. No better than I do with model kits, I didn't want to mess up something like a Dragon "smart kit".

I mean it to represent a T-62 taken from long term storage and sent to the front for use as SP artillery and run by a mobik crew. I still need modeling clay for the base. As an aside, I noticed wifey's dead hearing aid batteries were about the right size for use as scale anti tank mines and will plant a few in the clay. Having never made a diorama before, this has been a learning experience. I figure another 2 or 3 weeks to finish it.
IMG_0373 (2).JPG

IMG_0374 (2).JPG

IMG_0375 (2).JPG

Very nice. Regarding the use of batteries, no danger of the things corroding or leaking eventually?

Progressing slightly. Found a base and modelling clay - added the tank and hearing aid battery/mines. I have more modeling clay and will try to add a deserted trench on an edge. Also need to add grass, trees and broken underbrush. I have no experience with modeling clay and hope it can be made more formable after heating slightly. Again, this is my first diorama, and it's really a learning experience.
IMG_0389 (2).JPG

IMG_0388 (2).JPG

IMG_0387 (2).JPG

IMG_0386 (2).JPG

IMG_0384 (2).JPG

This finishes the diorama. I added underbrush, grass and trees. I always want to do more, but I've found when it doesn't look too bad, just leave well enough alone and move on to the next project. I got a rechargeable air brush for Christmas and plan to use it on my next kit - a G4M bomber with Okha rocket suicide bomb. That should also be quite a learning experience.
IMG_0395.JPG

IMG_0396.JPG

IMG_0393.JPG
IMG_0392.JPG

Back