Food & drink Hungry Boy recipes or just what you ate

This board of pâté, charcuterie and cheese should be renamed board of cholesterol.

This was for lunch and midday, i was thinking of @colin traveller when ordering it ‘cause he often prep those at work.

View attachment 446307

Despite the Goose Island (Chicago brewery) glass, beer was Paix Dieu, a Belgian tripel.
What did you pay for that ? Everything i see is bought pre sliced and why give you gherkins ( cheapskates robbing rats ) when it should be Marinated Pitted olives

...... Dinner for 11 last night

Beef shin , Cod , Chicken
20230905_194816.jpg
20230905_194404.jpg
20230905_194308.jpg

I made Ukrainian borscht. Unfortunately it turned out with too few liquid and I used vacuum packed beetroots on the last day of their best before date which didn't help with the color. 🥴

Next time I'll use the ones from the jar they also come with more beetroots liquid which I can also pour into the soup and give the nice red color. I also didn't have fresh dill...so its incomplete...

IMG_20230917_133147.jpg

IMG_20230917_140115.jpg

I use more or less this recipe

Edit: improved version

IMG_20230918_132259.jpg

Last edited:
Münchner Schnitzel (the Schnitzel is coated with mustard and horseradish before being breaded and fried)

IMG-20230926-WA0001.jpg

As its still so warm....roast beef this time I used the high infrared heater before putting it on the flames side works really wonders sears the meat very well and keeps it juicy without giving it a hard crust.
IMG_20231001_173821.jpg

IMG_20231001_174106.jpg

Any German members here, have a great authentic recipe for Putenschnitzel? It was my favorite off kaserne meal back when I was stationed at Fliegerhorst in Hanau (Hanau Army Airfield).

There are many Schnitzel recipes also depending on regions it can be different. I would presume a Putenschnitzel to be made with cream and mushrooms and served with spätzle.

But as you said you were in Hanau which is in Hesse I found this local recipe its made with pork meat though but was that the Schnitzel you are looking for its called Schmandschnitzel?

Here is the translated recipe:

We bought pork cutlets, pounded them properly and salted them. Then we rolled each one individually first in flour, then through a whisked, salted, peppered egg and finally turned in breadcrumbs. Then we fried it in a hot pan with clarified butter, about four minutes on each side.

For the fried potatoes, we pre-cooked the potatoes. We then sautéed a chopped onion and a portion of bacon cubes in a pan, set them aside briefly, and then sautéed the precooked potatoes in the pan, finally folding the bacon and onions back in.

The special thing about the schnitzel is the Hessian sour cream sauce. For this, two onions were sautéed with a package of bacon cubes in a small pot. In addition, two finely chopped cloves of garlic and fresh, finely chopped herbs were added, in our case dill, chives and parsley. Everything is then mixed with two cups of sour cream. The sour cream should be warmed up if possible but not boiled. The whole thing you can then still taste, with pepper and salt (depending on the ham you no longer need salt).

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

1696657508198.png

Old picture, but this was our last day after packing up to finally move into our house from the apartment that we had rented while waiting for things to be finalized and closed.

Decided to have a bit of fun when the wife texted me to make her a breakfast fit for a warrior queen.

I6TsMH7.jpg

Fresh Matjes from the North Sea cost. The Matjes here in the German south in supermarkets are trash too salty - slim meat. I always buy these at the Neuharlingersiel Fischereigenossenschaft and drive them home 10 hours. Just dripp off the oil - ready to eat thick meaty and soft.

Sauce tartare some grenaille potatoes rom France (Drillinge in German - small potatoes to be eaten unpeeled) and dill

P1100947.JPG
P1100949.JPG

P1100954.JPG

Hacksteak mit Pilzen (Salisbury steak of sorts) I make the patty with ground beef 150 - 200g per person add an egg, breadcrumbs dried onions, a teaspoon of mustard, 10 dashes worcestershire sc, 1 tblsp paprika-tomato paste, fresh ground black pepper, salt and cayenne pepper 1/2 teaspoon.

Mix everything well and form an ovale not to thick not to slim loaf for each person. Heat oil in pan and fry the loafs until they are browned outside and done on teh inside depends on thickness of meat loaf. Remove loafs from pan. Add around 350 ml hot water to the pan and let simmer on low heat until all the meat residuous and fat from teh pan dissolved into teh liquid move a bit around with spatula to help it.

Add 1 tblsp paprika-tomato paste, one teaspoon of ground paprika salt to taste and add 300g of cut mushroom cook for about 10 minutes on low to medium heat then thicken the sc. As I'm lazy I use the good ole Mondamin or any other sauce thickener in your neck of the woods.

MONSOSDUN.jpg

Serve with mashed potatoes (homemade) and brussel sprouts.

P1100956.JPG

Back