Food & drink Hungry Boy recipes or just what you ate

I've recently discovered canned Mackerel and noodles. Empty one can of Mackerel, half a brown onion chopped, a broken yp packet of 2 min chicken noodles, add one cup water into a pot and boil til ready for awesome el cheapo deliciousness.

Easy Wurstgulasch/sausage goulash: Fry sliced kabanos sausage in a hot, dry pan, add 1/4 litre of gravy plus a good measure of steak sauce. Season with salt, pepper and marjoram. Mix with spiral pasta, enjoy.

Scotch Eggs priotr to being finished off cooking in the Oven
20190527_150522.jpg

I never understood the scotch egg

Now the suasage roll. Is sausage meat roll in puff pastry. Discovered if you add heaps of chopped onion to the meat they don't dry out and delicious.
NZ culinary art generally lags but I think this is the best and humble sausage rolls are eaten by the tray load.

I never understood the scotch egg

Now the suasage roll. Is sausage meat roll in puff pastry. Discovered if you add heaps of chopped onion to the meat they don't dry out and delicious.
NZ culinary art generally lags but I think this is the best and humble sausage rolls are eaten by the tray load.
there is sausage rolls ....and there is sausage rolls ...

as for scotch egg ,,,posh brekkie for folks back then

Good thread, especially for the posters who share pics. I’m sure I’ll be back soon here with decent food pics (no, not only French one).

Chicken n Leek hoop da loop ..based on a 50 portion pot

20 chicken breasts
2 whole bulbs of Garlic
Sea salt
Cracked Black pepper
Chicken boullion
6 large leeks n White Onions

1 large pan on the stove lowest heat ...
2 Roughly cut i the chicks
Again roughly cut the onions
Add then to the chickens

3 Cut the root of the 2 garlic bulbs place in micro for 20. 30 secs to soften then pop then out add to the chicks n onions
4 with the leeks cut down the middle then roughly cut place into bowl fill with water to remove any dirt etc
5 add the chicks etc to the pan ... add your seasoning .including boullion ... turn the gas up a notch keep it moving ..till chicken have gone white ..add some water then the leeks ...then a 2lt bottle/ carton of double cream ...bring to the boil 10/15mins then simmer for 1hr 15/30mins ...
6 then use a stick blender to puree .. then pass thro a fine strainer again using the stick blender ..and bobs yer uncle

You can use coconut cream if you wish or both

^^^^^^^^should have added ... Pour some Olive oil in the pan prior to adding the Mis en pls .

Spiced Chicken ..............................

Tumeric , Chilli Flakes , Cardomon Powder/Seeds , Gram Masala m Chopped fresh Corriander .Olive Oil , Sea Salt
if you already have a curry paste in your fridge use that or whatever you like ..

Be it legs , Breast's , Thighs or whatever ... Put it into a container / bowl .. Add the olive oil and seasoning .. then good helpings of the spices .. as for the chilli flakes you can use fresh chillies if you want .. again it's totally up to you

Wear a pair of Surgical Rubber gloves .. Mix in ...well and repeat of adding the spices oil and seasoning .. minus the chillies if you don't want it uber spicy ... Once mixed in add the Curry paste of your choosing .. mix in well and leave overnight in the fridge and cook the next day

You can also add a tin of coconut cream if you like ..if you can source Lemon grass . Lime / bay leaves add that also ..

Panacotta ..

1 pint 1/2 Double Cream
sugar
Vanilla pod or essence [ 2 cap fulls ]
Chocolate be it white or dark
8 Sheets of Gelatine

Source some tinfoil cups .. for your Panacotta

In the Pan .. all all the ingredients minus the Gelatine .. Low heat use a whisk to stir occasionally ,. ,, with the gelatine soak it in some water .. then add to the mix and whisk in .. bring to the boil for a few mins . then pass thro a strainer then pour into the foil cups leave to cool then place in your fridge until firm .

Reason for foil cups is that it's easier to remove the dessert than having to place it into warm water to loosen it ...

Then serve with Coulis , Whipped cream etc

Back