Intro Howdy from Washington State...USA

GaryDavis

Mi Recruit
MI.Net Member
Hello folks. Ran into this site looking for the 70's MERDC Camo schemes for a scale project that I'm building. I was in the US ARMY from 71-77. MOS was 11D(Cav scout) and 95B( Military Police). I'm going to build ALL of the Vehicles that I had anything to do with while in the service. Which includes...M114A1..M114A1E1...M113 A1....M-60 MBT...M551A1 SHERIDAN...M-106 MORTAR( was not a part of a crew....just dropped a few rounds in the tube...) M151A1 JEEP (Military Police)..1970 Ford 4 dr ( Military Police). I have ALL the scale vehicles in the collection to do these builds. NOW...All I have to do is get to them before I DIE!!! LOL I think this site is really going to be cool to share and get info from.

Last edited:
Flames of War have a bunch of MERDC cammo templates for some of those vehicles.

Flames of War have a bunch of MERDC cammo templates for some of those vehicles.

Hey KIWI...thanks for the INFO and LINK. While I was stationed in Germany (the first tour) we had to paint our own vehicles. We had the patterns and the numbers of the colors..ie. 1 for black...2 for sand...3 for med green and 4 for med Brown. We Drew the patterns on with regular chalk(the kind Teacher uses on a Chalk board) and started putting the paint on with a 2" and 4" brush. This was on a M151A1 Jeep mind you. Not an M60 Tank. LOL..... I did paint the M114A1. That took a little longer. Thanks again for the link...

You're welcome. I have a small US Army Team Yankee force which I've painted up in MERDC colours as that cammo pattern really symbolises the 1980's to me. Lots of fun to paint too. I really must get me some more units to paint.

As a side note, the NZ Army used the MERDC Red Desert pattern for it's M113's and Scorpions during that period.