Mil News Gulf of Oman tanker blasts: Crews rescued safely

Last edited:
Tankers Wars: Part Deux.

Did Iran forget Operation Praying Mantis?

The owner claims that the tanker got hit by a Torpedo.

Breaking News: Taiwanese tanker sunk by torpedo in Gulf of Oman
TAIPEI (Taiwan News) -- An oil tanker chartered by Taiwan’s state oil refiner CPC Corp has reportedly sunk after being "hit by a torpedo" around noon today (June 13), according to a senior company official.

Wu I-Fang, CPC’s petrochemical business division CEO, told Reuters that the 800-foot oil tanker Front Altair laden with 75,000 tonnes of naptha, a flammable liquid hydrocarbon, when it was "suspected of being hit by a torpedo," at around noon today Taiwan time. There are unverified reports that it was hit by a mine.

The ship was bound for Taiwan from Qatar when it was struck about 25 miles from Jask, Iran, reports Reuters. A fire ensued and the order was given to abandon ship.

It was never a Torpedo .. more like a Mine the tanker hit .. and the tanker was empty .. wasn't even fully laden with Crude oil as the water line was way high up out of the water

Alleged footage of IRCG removing a magnetic mine from a tanker according to the US DoD

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Which makes them perfect culprits

Just my few guesses (we need people with more naval EOD expertise but)

- footage is blurry : it could be a mine as it could be a magnetic teddy bear
- there is a lot of people acting not really precautionously during a EOD operation if it is really a mine
- doesnt look like an IRCG attack boat
- if it is a mine it is very high above the water line so probably not a naval mine but an ship born mine
- if ship borne the boat should have been detected by somebody somewhere
- if it is really a mine (so far only assessed by US DoD) it doesn't mean that it is an Iranian mine. Could be anybody in the area
- Last point, the US DoD and Intel community has a bad past history about forging things from questionable footages/powerpoints/speeches for reasons (like justify wars)

Make your own opinion about the event but frankly it smells again a bit like the "anthrax vial" and "baby incubators" excuses .....

I haven't had a chance to think about this event much or gather information, but it sure seems convenient for the US that Iran would make such an attack. What positive purpose would they have in doing this, the Iranians?
Iran is not a monolithic entity
It could be very well hard core franges of the IRCG not controlled by the smoother part of the council
But yes it is dubious to say the least
In particular, bombing a Japanese tanker while the Japanese Prime Minister is visiting your country seems a bit dumb ......

The American "deep state" or the Democrat Media conglomerate did it to make Trump look bad, give him a potential to fail or suffer an oil crisis during the last 17 months of his presidency. Just my Friday Sarcasm.....

It will be extremely interesting to find out more.

When even the owner of the ship attacked says it wasnt a torpedo or a mine.... but your nation is already hell bent on starting a war.