Collectables Zippo Lighters Vietnam

Bigbird

The Bird Thats Big
MI.Net Member
Mi.Net Supporter
I found these pics very recently and would love to see more, especially if they belonged to a member who was actually there, but any will do. I thought they were very interesting.

zippo lighter vietnam war.jpg zippo lighter vietnam war-001.jpg zippo lighter vietnam war-002.jpg zippo lighter vietnam war-003.jpg zippo lighter vietnam war-004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!
Some powerful statements on these Zippo's I bet there are loads more of them around. nice post BB

I've seen a lot of these on ebay, tho what's the bast way to tell if they're genuine and not just cheap chinese copies?

Good point. It doesn´t matter which militaria you collect, you have to do your homework first. As I know nothing about zippos, here´s a piece of advice from someone who does http://www.ebay.com/gds/spotting-fake-Vietnam-war-lighters-/10000000011806374/g.html

In 1966, the owner of Zippos came up with a date stamp that tell him which batch of lighters were coming back for repairs. T 66 Zippos have 4 bars on each side of the word Zippo. The R in the trademark should be under the 1st bar to the right of the word Zippo. Also, the patent number will appear on the bottom and on the lighters insert. If the bottom is deeply indented but has the date stamp for a 66. This is a fake! Zippo went to a machine press in 1969. This also had the centering of the word Zippo without the patent number.

That is good advice from the man. So many people trying to rip off other people it is hard to determine what is real and what is fake.
There is something about collecting stuff (whatever it is) it makes me happy but trust me I am no hoarder :cool:

A video about a fake vietnam zippo lighter

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have moved this thread to the 'militaria' section

Some show the fear of death and regret of leaving loved ones behind to fight on foreign soil, others hint at the hatred for both the enemy and the government that put them in harm's way... others still show a remarkable sense of humour.

soldiers-engraved-zippo-lighters-from-the-vietnam-war-3.jpg

Read more:

Cowan’s Auctions put up a lot of 282 Vietnam War-era Zippo lighters featuring personalized and anonymous engravings chosen by U.S. soldiers, sailors, and airmen during deployment. The collection was compiled by American artist Bradford Edwards over several years in the 1990s, on-site in Vietnam. The collection sold for $35,250 on June 21, 2012.

Last edited by a moderator:
if they made fake,we don't know because its hadn't standard from!:confused:

Fancy sharing a few pics boys ;)

I saw Zippo made for Royal Thai Army special force jumper course 1974!