Movie / TV What's the last movie you watched

Watched Cry Macho a few days ago.

This is to my knowledge the last movie directed and acted by Clint Eastwood, who’s living up to his legendary status.

Story is about some Mexican boy whose father reside in Texas and would like to take back this niños from an unhinged mother in Mexico.

Not bad, no. But not in the league of other of his movies, in his incredible career. We enjoyed it. For a past 90 year old fella, he’s still and forever will be great.

Rewatched Gran Torino last week, and didn't know if I'd make it all the way through. Not to worry it was a fantastic watch. The character created by Clint Eastwood really hits home.

Street talk used by the Hmong gang leader was fricken hilarious.

P.S. This movie makes me rue the day about 12-15 yr ago when the CMP listed a big inventory of Garands from Korea, of which they said it was probably the last high quality batch available.

Last edited:
Rewatched Gran Torino last week, and didn't know if I'd make it all the way through. Not to worry it was a fantastic watch. The character created by Clint Eastwood really hits home.

Street talk used by the Hmong gang leader was fricken hilarious.

P.S. This movie makes me rue the day about 12-15 yr ago when the CMP listed a big inventory of Garands from Korea, of which they said it was probably the last high quality batch available.

The Mule is a great follow up.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Highly recommended.

Just Saw the trailer

Watched The Batman this evening.

Rob Pattinson does the job, second movie I’m really enjoying with him, after The Lighthouse I’ve seen recently too.

Won’t trash the Twilight saga all too much. I saw the first, not for me.

About the Batman, there’s a political aspect into it I liked, the corruption in Gotham city and a long manhunt, a mysterious character. Riddle me this…

All around well done. Not the same movie, though they’re somewhat related, but Joker was better IMO. Pattinson isn’t Joaquin Phoenix, Joker was a masterpiece and this isn’t, still worth it anyway.

Watched The Batman this evening.

Rob Pattinson does the job, second movie I’m really enjoying with him, after The Lighthouse I’ve seen recently too.

Won’t trash the Twilight saga all too much. I saw the first, not for me.

About the Batman, there’s a political aspect into it I liked, the corruption in Gotham city and a long manhunt, a mysterious character. Riddle me this…

All around well done. Not the same movie, though they’re somewhat related, but Joker was better IMO. Pattinson isn’t Joaquin Phoenix, Joker was a masterpiece and this isn’t, still worth it anyway.

I enjoyed The Batman but being honest, don't really remember a whole lot about it which probably isn't a good sign. The main things I remember are it was too long and it was more of a detective movie than a superhero movie.

Strongly suspect Pattinson will end up being the next DiCaprio - made teen S**t for money when he was a kid, will end up winning awards and all the film nerds and critics will lose their minds over him.

Precisely my thoughts too, gaz. Rob is still young, even younger than me by two years, and is talented, no doubt but Joker was memorable. Watched it in the cinema and it was outstanding, watched it a second time at home and might have liked it even more.

The Batman was good, yes but as you accurately point out there’s few scenes I’ll remember a few years from now. And rewatching it? Not really because it’s indeed, maybe a tad too long, both the movie and some scenes.

Mr. Majestyk (rewatch).

About 10 yr ago I wanted to watch a Charle Bronson movie and chose Mr. Majestyk, which I also saw when it first came out in the theatre. It followed and extended on the Hollywood archetype of former US Combat Vets, in civilian life having to fight for their rights and often pushed in heroic circumstances. Majestyk is a good guy with a strong sense of justice, and the film pretty much presses all of the right buttons.

Long film school oriented monologue. Great comments on Charles Bronson behind the scenes at 9:37.

Can be watched free on Pluto and YouTube.

Last edited:

Equilibrium, 2002 with Christian Bale, Sean Bean (FFS)

I had big and probably too high expectations about this one, firstly because of those two actors I normally quite like but here’s the thing as far as I’m concerned: sci-fi movies can be really hits or misses. I passed on it despite trying for over an hour. Didn’t keep me interested.

Meh.

Last edited:
Equilibrium, 2002 with Christian Bale, Sean Penn…

I had big and probably too high expectations about this one, firstly because of those two actors I normally quite like but here’s the thing as far as I’m concerned: sci-fi movies can be really hits or misses. I passed on it despite trying for over an hour. Didn’t keep me interested.

Meh.
It's a turd, but a fun turd - also, no Sean Penn - has both Bean and Pertwee but not Penn.

LOL a major brain fart on my part.

He’s become an internet meme for his constant use of the word “Bastard”.

All Quiet on the Western Front - 2022.

A very, very good WW1 movie.

I only vague memories of the previous movie, but that one does not shy away from delving into trench warfare, yet without turning the scenes into gore fest à-la Hacksaw Ridge.

All Quiet on the Western Front - 2022.

A very, very good WW1 movie.

I only vague memories of the previous movie, but that one does not shy away from delving into trench warfare, yet without turning the scenes into gore fest à-la Hacksaw Ridge.
I thought that the version with Ernest Borgnine and "John Boy Walton" was very well done. Waiting to see the 2022 version (Y)