Photos TRNC Security Forces Command

DENO

Mi Colonel
MI.Net Member
TAARB
Hello everyone, I would like to start a photo thread on Turkish Cyprus security units. Under the knowledge of fragile international situation of the island and region I would like to ask you to keep political discussions away from this topic which is solely aiming to share visual military materials of the spesific district and nation.

Security Forces Command of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC)

CYPRUSsmall2.jpg

pic1367842437r328214.jpg

Summary
The security command of the TRNC was established in January 1976 after the Turkish military involvement to the Island in 1974 with the volunteers of the TMT which was a paramilitary organisation that was formed by Turkish Cypriots in 1955. Today's security command consists five main sub-elements including Training Command, Special Task Force Command, Coast Guard Command, Aviation Command and General Directorate of Police

The avarage size of the TRNC Security Forces is around 10,000 professional military personel apart from the Turkish Army Brigade on the island.

Here some images

10.JPG

1_7572_3.jpg

scq7g3.jpg

2.JPG

Ditisu0X0AAcix7.jpg

15o9cab.jpg

Last edited:
The avarage size of the TRNC Security Forces is around 10,000 professional military personel apart from the Turkish Army Brigade on the island.
Brigade? Doesn't the Turkish Army have a whole Corps on the island?

Brigade? Doesn't the Turkish Army have a whole Corps on the island?

Well the Turkish Army's Cyprus Command is consisting one tank division, two mechanized infantry divisions, one commando regiment and one field artillery regiment. So total numbers on all of these are around 15.000 to 17.000 personnel max but what I wanted to mean about the "brigade" is the Turkish Army personnel who stays permanently on the island. The rest is transferred from the main land for tranings or a possible crisis.

Well the Turkish Army's Cyprus Command is consisting one tank division, two mechanized infantry divisions, one commando regiment and one field artillery regiment. So total numbers on all of these are around 15.000 to 17.000 personnel max but what I wanted to mean about the "brigade" is the Turkish Army personnel who stays permanently on the island. The rest is transferred from the main land for tranings or a possible crisis.
Thanks, that explains it.

Nice photos! They looked really well-equipped and armed and those MTP-76s looked really good.

Nice photos! They looked really well-equipped and armed and those MTP-76s looked really good.

Like I previously mentioned before on another thread these are Kale KCR556 carbines, not MKEK MPT series.

gkk kom1.jpg

The MKEK MPT-76 is used by infantry and commando regiments of the Turkish Cypriot Security Forces like seen on these images.

10 (2).jpg 615680277.jpg

Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus Special Task Force (Cypriot Turk). Turkish Army SF with opscore on the left

1601531705003.png

Turksh Republic Of Northern Cyprus Combat Search and Rescue (CSAR)

1601531747420.png

Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) SOF - (Cypriot Turk)

1601531769918.png

TRNC SF with Pakistani SSG

1601531882742.png

1601531900825.png

Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus Police Special Operation
1601531924062.png