Photos The Islamic Republic Of Iran Military Photos

~Phoenix~

Mi Colonel
MI.Net Member
Tehran_Banner.jpg

Image : Tehran,capital of Iran.

Despite all of the sactions imposed by the US and NATO for not bowing down to them,Iran has a well-trained military and self-sufficient and sophiscated defence industry that is completely deterrent against its foes ( Namely - Saudi Arab,Israel and USA ).
All discussions,news,images and videos related to Iran's military and IRGC.

Kira.

Last edited:
...The caption is a compilation of research I did on the photos. The photos were taken in December 2014..I think.:| Sorry for the small size of the photos...but that's all I could find.

None of the articles I found state how many Tomcats have been repaired or are in a flying status.

Iran's deputy commander of Isfahan air force base, said in an interview: Isfahan is the only place used during F14 overhaul. Iranian made radars and weapons have been installed.

Iran’s overhauled F14 fighter jets pass all the necessary flight, combat and landing tests in first standard check flight.

The Grumman F-14 Tomcat is a fourth-generation, supersonic, twinjet, two-seat, variable-sweep wing fighter aircraft. The Tomcat was developed for the United States Navy's Naval Fighter Experimental (VFX) program following the collapse of the F-111B project. The F-14 was the first of the American teen-series fighters, which were designed incorporating the experience of air combat against MiG fighters during the Vietnam War.

o9NdMmi.jpg

dpJf0kK.jpg

q6r17HF.jpg

OYZhoSU.jpg

8hs3PsQ.jpg

RoiiAWl.jpg

U5XeCFK.jpg

aszPJT1.jpg

kCXaCQN.jpg

More IRIAF Tomcat overhaul photos.

Wwtvkdw.jpg

5u0PplF.jpg

Fj0YNPm.jpg

5u0PplF.jpg

vviG3ku.jpg

NjC2vwd.jpg

rqCvjXo.jpg

And a re-furbished Tomcat sporting some spiffy cammo..

RF1cQ1M.jpg

yUCc3rm.jpg

First photo of first F-14AM ("Modernized"). IRIAF`s experts modernized this bird during its overhaul. Modernization program is covering structure life-extention, avionics and armament upgrade. Hundreds of hours were spent on upgrading this 37 years old interceptor. It was painted in edged three tone Asian Minor II camo pattern. Two new AA missiles has adapted with its fire control system, R-73E, AIM-54A+ "Fakkur", AIM-54A, AIM-7E-4 and AIM-9J.

IRIAF F-14AM ("Modernized") local variant painted in edged three-tone "Asia Minor II" camo pattern. Modernization claims consist of structural refurbishment, new ECM (electronic counter measures) system, new RWR (radar warning receiver), new INS (Inertial navigation system integrated with GPS), and Multifunction Liquid Crystal Displays for pilot and the WSO. Also the F-14AM can reportedly carry a wide range of US, Iranian, Chinese, and Russian Air-to-Air missiles, including R-73E, AIM-54A+ "Fakkur", AIM-54A, AIM-7E-4 and AIM-9J.

I wonder how many of these Tomcats are still flying?

Almost all of the losses were due to crashes and war casualities.Almost all of the remainder fleet are operational - they are now using indigneous parts for maintainance and upgradation. ( Its quite an achievement for a country under constant foreign pressure and low budget ).

Kira.

These photos released by the official website of the Iranian Defense Ministry on Sunday, March 12, 2017, shows a domestically manufactured tank called "Karrar" in an undisclosed location in Iran. Iran's semi-official Fars news agency is reporting that the country has unveiled the domestically manufactured tank and has launched a mass-production line. The tank is modeled after the Russian T90MS MBT.
(Iranian Defense Ministry via AP)

Do we think the elongated shroud at the base of the barrel is simply to change the profile of the tank or does it serve some purpose?

These Photos are dated today. 04.19.2017.

In 1979 Iran in the Pahlavi dynasty imported 79 US F14 fighters, becoming the only country to import the Tomcat. In 2006 the US Navy retired the F14. Iran is now the only country using the F-14 Tomcat. As a result of the deterioration of relations with the United States after the revolution in 1979, Iran has been self-reliant to maintain these F14 fighters. These F14 and Iranian Fighters Flying together in the sky of Iran.

I'd like to know what engines these Tomcats are using. The orginal Prat & Whitney TF-30 engines have to be worn out by now.....popeye

Wub6wPz.jpg

0Scyire.jpg

UCzUKEx.jpg

buDDcXy.jpg

Fec07x5.jpg

9zvnJpN.jpg

W8hvQ1r.jpg

ddInFRv.jpg

Last edited:
Great photos, I expect the engines have been replaced by a Russian engine..but what do I know :)