Photos The Falklands 35th Anniversary

Bombardier

Admin & Arbiter
Staff member
Site Admin
Advertiser
United-Kingdom
Today is the 35th anniversary of the start of the Falklands war.

2 months, 1 week and 5 days of war followed and 255 British troops lost their lives and hundreds more were injured. The conflict has had a strong impact in both countries. Those who did return would forever be affected.

Today we remember those who fought, those who died and those whose lives would never be the same again.

the falklands war 3th anniversay.jpg

My Brother served as an Artillerymen during this war.

An occasion when we showed the world the lengths we will go to protect our own, regardless of the opinion of other countries.
The Falkland Islanders want to remain British..... and so they will. Spain need to take heed and re consider any aggression towards Malta, they want to remain British too.

Flag_of_the_Falkland_Islands.svg.png

whilst we at MI.Net support the remembrance of those lost in all wars, certain subjects can be emotive and prompt both sides to become aggressive, defamatory and insulting towards each other. The falklands War being one of those subjects that we have had cause to moderate heavily in the past.

Please do not use this thread to generate hateful or abusive content. This is about remembrance not politics or national pride.
@Dave Every I understand your point but as I said lets remember those lost in this post and nothing more. If you wish to discuss the subject of the Falkland Islands please create another thread. Thank you for your co-operation.

The Management

Well said Admin, This war affected servicemen and families on both sides. We should remember them all. War is Hell

whilst we at MI.Net support the remembrance of those lost in all wars, certain subjects can be emotive and prompt both sides to become aggressive, defamatory and insulting towards each other. The falklands War being one of those subjects that we have had cause to moderate heavily in the past.

Please do not use this thread to generate hateful or abusive content. This is about remembrance not politics or national pride.
@Dave Every I understand your point but as I said lets remember those lost in this post and nothing more. If you wish to discuss the subject of the Falkland Islands please create another thread. Thank you for your co-operation.

The Management

I humbly take your point, my apologies

Neil Wilkinson has always been haunted by the memory of the pilot he shot down as a young gunner during the Falklands War.

He had always believed his enemy died in the wreckage of the crash.

But now the veteran has completed a remarkable journey to meet the Argentine airman he thought he had killed during the 1982 conflict.

Mr Wilkinson, from Leeds, came face to face with former enemy Mariano Velasco at his home in Argentina and was welcomed inside with open arms.

Mr Wilkinson said: "It's too massive to put into words.

"Part of it is closure really, but meeting him in the flesh I now know he is alive and we are friends."
_57901814_falklandshug2.jpg

Read More
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-16513145

A rust streaked Canberra returning from the Falklands in July 1982 after her brief role as a troopship, just about to be surrounded by an armada of small boats accompanying her, as she entered Southampton water.
1705928841717.jpg

Good morning
Attached is a photo of the bel uh-1h helicopter registration AE-413 taking off from the ARA Almirante Irizar hospital ship
My brother Carlos Corsini participated in the Malvinas War as co-pilot of the helicopter with the rank of sergeant.
Since the ceasefire, they carried out joint missions with British troops to rescue the wounded on the battlefield.
Thank you so much
Kind regards

420162269_280377684752823_5660587395250971381_n.jpg