Politics The Biden thread

Actually, Ivan … I'd say banning ordinary citizens from social media is more problematic than banning someone as powerful as Donald Trump. He'll find alternative means of propagating his message. Will the average citizen, though?

Having said that, I'm quite vehemently against governments using social media as a way of addressing the population – so I'm not going to pretend I'm particularly miffed. It's our own bloody fault.

Hundreds of millions of ordinary citizens gave big data control over their lives and political discourse itself; and let's not kid ourselves: The regulation necessary to make big data respect free speech was torpedoed by both sides of the aisle. No one wanted to catch that hot potato; this is the result.

At any rate … I'll never understand how so many people manage to be paranoid about their governments while selling their entire privacy and even their thoughts to big data.

I've seen a little bit from the inside of how my government works and quite frankly – at least for the time being – I deem uncontrolled private corporations motivated by profit a much bigger threat to my freedom than overworked and understaffed agencies neutered by watchdogs and ombudsmen.

Biden's like Hitler, dumb luck. Least likely to be elected according to most here. It eventually runs out. Not nice ending for all involved.
Who did pick him to win ?

Its not like twitter actually read by the 70 million. Like looting TV shops they have better things to do. Voting by paper.

Last edited:
If I've said it once I've said it a hundred times: the idea that someone as eager to offend as Donald Trump couldn't produce a backlash strong enough to end up recalled is patently absurd. It's by far the least plausible of all the claims made about this election. Even someone as widely loathed as Hillary Clinton managed to beat him in the popular vote.

You problem is posting without reading or understanding what is written. Try it.

I advocate the break up of these companies...It´s clearly written. So lose less time replying and more thinking.
Maybe less time as an apologist for what amounts to 21st century book burning and censorship. After all the posts chronicling calls for violence from the left since May, they ban Trump over what? Quote me where he actually calls for violence. Big tech enjoys legal protections based on them NOT editorializing content. Interesting timing eh? Meanwhile, from Joe Biden. A time for unity and healing. Ha!

After prep he still mauls the subject:

“They’re part of the big lie, the big lie. I was being reminded by a friend of mine, and maybe you were with me, I can’t recall, when we told that, you know, [Joseph] Goebbels and the great lie, you keep repeating the law and repeating the lie. Well, there was a print that when Dresden was bombed, firebombed, there were 250 people that were killed — was it 2,500 people that were killed? And Goebbels said 'No, 25,000 — or 250,000 were killed.' And our papers printed that. Our papers printed it. It’s the big lie," Biden said during an interview with CBS News

They wanted to give Trump a cognitive test at the start. And they are going to to give Biden the codes.
... codes on the card includes codes that have no meaning, and therefore the president must memorize where on the list the correct code is located.

Beside a food tester the dude Biden will need a memoriser. The most powerful man in the world.

Last edited:
After prep he still mauls the subject:

“They’re part of the big lie, the big lie. I was being reminded by a friend of mine, and maybe you were with me, I can’t recall, when we told that, you know, [Joseph] Goebbels and the great lie, you keep repeating the law and repeating the lie. Well, there was a print that when Dresden was bombed, firebombed, there were 250 people that were killed — was it 2,500 people that were killed? And Goebbels said 'No, 25,000 — or 250,000 were killed.' And our papers printed that. Our papers printed it. It’s the big lie," Biden said during an interview with CBS News

They wanted to give Trump a cognitive test at the start. And they are going to to give Biden the codes.
... codes on the card includes codes that have no meaning, and therefore the president must memorize where on the list the correct code is located.

Beside a food tester the dude Biden will need a memoriser. The most powerful man in the world.

He doesn't need to memorize anything. He's just a ragdoll.
The power is safe and sound in the hands of people you don't know, can't see nor hold accountable.

It seems that the people who had their hands on Hunter Biden's laptop have decided to send a message to his dad by slowly leaking some the images with kids. I saw some of them and I believe they were some of the more "harmless" ones, but Jesus Christ, why would you take pictures of yourself committing such disgusting acts? Fvcking nauseating.

Actually, Ivan … I'd say banning ordinary citizens from social media is more problematic than banning someone as powerful as Donald Trump. He'll find alternative means of propagating his message. Will the average citizen, though?

Having said that, I'm quite vehemently against governments using social media as a way of addressing the population – so I'm not going to pretend I'm particularly miffed. It's our own bloody fault.

Hundreds of millions of ordinary citizens gave big data control over their lives and political discourse itself; and let's not kid ourselves: The regulation necessary to make big data respect free speech was torpedoed by both sides of the aisle. No one wanted to catch that hot potato; this is the result.

At any rate … I'll never understand how so many people manage to be paranoid about their governments while selling their entire privacy and even their thoughts to big data.

I've seen a little bit from the inside of how my government works and quite frankly – at least for the time being – I deem uncontrolled private corporations motivated by profit a much bigger threat to my freedom than overworked and understaffed agencies neutered by watchdogs and ombudsmen.

Several terms need to be defined more clearly though.

What does "ordinary citizen" mean? Is it a private citizen? As opposed to public figures?
In that case what would happen to a private citizen, who then becomes a public figure?
What would happen to a private citizen, who then become a public figure fire political reasons, then goes back to his private status once his mandate is over?

What does "powerful" mean? In term of position in the society? In term of reach and followers?
Are politicians powerful? Are rich people powerful? Are actors/actresses powerful? Are social-media influencers powerful? Are make-up youtube vlogers powerful? Is pewdiepie powerful?

By combining the two, Trump being banned as POTUS would imply the ban to be lifted once he leaves office.
If that is indeed the case, but I doubt this will happen, in what category will he be? Powerful ordinary citizen? Will he have the same status as pewdiepie? Or Madonna? Or Ronaldo?

When you say "governments should not use social media as a way of addressing the population", what does "government" mean? What does "addressing the population" mean?

Governments are not golem like figures. It is not the "government" that publishes on social media, but one of its representative. Though, that representative is not acting rogue but, or at least usually, in coordination with other members.

That being said, considering the fact that non-governmental, "ordinary private citizens", have in some cases more followers, and thus a broader and bigger outreach, than some political figures: who is potentially the more dangerous?

Trump has been banned from the entire social-media spectrum through a coordinated effort by these companies (that, incidentally, have admitted, during several hearings before the Senate and Congress, to being biased on the left side) more or less at the same time Democrats were demanding for his removal. The reason given was "incitement for violence".
There are four years of archived incitements and calls for violence coming from the Democratic side (people in office and ordinary citizens alike) and the MSM. No sanctions were taken.
Some non-liberal individuals, ordinary non-political citizens, got sanctioned by some platforms for things they said/did on other unrelated and unaffiliated platforms.

It is not simply a question of position in the society, or actual power. But rather an ideological one.
TOS cannot even be considered as proverbial foundation stones upon which these companies are built; for the same action they may apply to some but not to others. Hell, sometimes actions are not even required, a simple whim from the "mods" is enough: I don't like you, off the pit you go.

"Private companies can do whatever they want".

Last edited:
Amazon just nuked Parler.

1610282901884.jpeg

Last edited:
Lists are back on the menu boys.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
if the right constructed a database of all Biden's staff and supporters the left would be up in arms

Also, how legal is this? It is effectively drawing up a 'blacklist' (blocklist for the PC brigade) - or does legality not matter any more when the left is on a witch-hunt

if the right constructed a database of all Biden's staff and supporters the left would be up in arms

Also, how legal is this? It is effectively drawing up a 'blacklist' (blocklist for the PC brigade) - or does legality not matter any more when the left is on a witch-hunt
McCarthyism is the new religion:(

Trump still in office, lays "traps" for Beijing Biden:

Good luck with that Biden.

It seems that the people who had their hands on Hunter Biden's laptop have decided to send a message to his dad by slowly leaking some the images with kids. I saw some of them and I believe they were some of the more "harmless" ones, but Jesus Christ, why would you take pictures of yourself committing such disgusting acts? Fvcking nauseating.
Problem is the next thing you will see is them being expunged from the internet and any site that carries them

Or they will be 'exposed' as deepfakes :rolleyes:

Biden's supporters managed to keep his laptop and the information contained on it out of the news in the run up to the election - cannot see that changing now

Never been a whiff of this with Trump - about the only thing they have not accused him of

How legal is it?

It's not. But it's okay, because "they" "collaborated" with Trump. they are guilty by association and thus have to be ostracized.

Remember when we were told Trump was a fascist and would turn the US into a fascistic country?

Aint projection a nice thing, yeah.

McCarthyism is the new religion:(

Oh it's not new.

It has been effectively reactivated in 2016.

With Conservatives more or less everywhere: on college campuses, schools, news agencies, social media platforms, entertainment industry, etc...
Via deplatforming, censorship, targeted intimidation and harassment (remember political figures harassed in restaurants or at their homes by angry mobs?).

Nah it's fine. It's fine because, it was made by people who considered themselves "the good guys", the "morally superior ones", sitting on what they decreed to be the "right side of History".
So, obviously, the "other people" have to be fought.

Nah, it's okay because, you see:
Twitter guy needs to be very careful as someone might go round and throw him through the bar window - start messing with state players - just saying

Nah it's fine. It's fine because, it was made by people who considered themselves "the good guys", the "morally superior ones", sitting on what they decreed to be the "right side of History".

or the new saying "left side of history" (we massaged) ? ?