Other Post So, how was your day?

Tesco's ..................stock and sell a product .. called

" Aussie Moist ! "

WTAF is going on down in that part of Middle Earth
Four seconds on Google told me that it's a hair shampoo or something so the fact it's effecting your day makes me ask "WTAF is going on in Scotland?"

Spent my 2 days off down at Gourock and the Holy loch . The New Train timetable is a farce tho. Met 2 old ladies that were part of the passengers from the cruise ship that were on the ferry back from Kirn , Arizona and Utah . They thought i worked for a magazine . The weather was fantastic Scorching Sunny weather From till Dark .

I won't even sit indoors on a sunny not even for something to eat or drink ....

Going a few pages back, but you appear to have some really clumsy gal mate. So do I.

Here’s what she has broken here so far, non exhaustive list.

- Orval, Duvel, and about half a dozen “fancy” beer/booze glassware. Even here somewhat close to Belgium those are steep.

- A small but still a fish tank while aggressively opening the living room window so I could take out the trash. Three casualties and lots of towels were used to clean the mess.

I could go on, would rather not. I can’t nickname her something because that’d be poor form and unclassy, but ultimately I get the blame for where I had chosen to set up the fish tank and how about I should clean up my booze glassware myself.
Damn right, who the hell else’s fault could it be????????

It’s been a good week so far.

Tuesday for lunch we went with Californian friends that arrived earlier this past weekend to a Parisian restaurant called “Au Pied de cochon” (the Pigs foot) which is an homage to all things piggie.

I ate an andouillette, it does look, and kind of smell like a turd but that’s French cuisine and it’s good.

View attachment 434674

This afternoon I did a drawing inspired by a famous Dutch painter; Vermeer:

View attachment 434675

Tomorrow I’m driving to Compiegne, not to sign an Armistice but to help stepgrandad unpack things he got in a garage/box in this city before he moves again somewhere.

And Saturday evening a friend comes over for dinner. Haven’t seen him in over two months. Carbonara on the menu.
Dibs on your art when you get famous and a bit looney... and that food god damn that looks nice.
Damn right, who the hell else’s fault could it be????????
It was his fault just for existing.

This year has been really heavy and just plain bleh.... So I've decided to just hole up. Fortunately, I have the Airbus training going for the past month and aced the check ride last monday. During the Upset Recovery training, I am proud to say the plane under my tutelage was just "miffed" at worst. :D

"his landings were beautiful crashes and his crashes were his normal landings" :D

You can land a plane, I can land a girlfriend. Different strokes for different folks, hombre.

BountifulCluelessHusky-size_restricted.gif

I have one of those "this day you took this photo" apps on my phone. This one popped up, thirteen years ago today - the only picture of me in South America. Wasn't having a great day before, but what was once the beginning of one of the worst weeks of my life really did make me laugh today.

IMG_0001-1.jpg

I have one of those "this day you took this photo" apps on my phone. This one popped up, thirteen years ago today - the only picture of me in South America. Wasn't having a great day before, but what was once the beginning of one of the worst weeks of my life really did make me laugh today.

View attachment 435710
I have questions.....

Just guessing at what your questions are, but here are answers.

Appendicitis.

Peru.

It's a rat.

Can’t speak for you, but the story you told previously on TheMess and possibly MPN was hilarious, probably not fun at all then.

Can’t speak for you, but the story you told previously on TheMess and possibly MPN was hilarious, probably not fun at all then.
An overnight bus journey into the Andes to get surgery whilst a nurse who doesn't speak English seems oddly infatuated with you but all you can think about is the pain and rampant diarrhoea you have is not an experience I'd recommend to anyone.

1685739634869.png

my dear friend, you can start making the collection of these interesting "medals", you will look like a General Mil-smile01

I realised I hadn't driven my Volvo for seven years. I did the brakes back then and the vehicle inspection dude still gave me hard time, so I left it to brew. I have occasionally run it hot and driven around the workshop to keep the car from seizing. Still a lot of dust to wash and work to do, so I decided to take it as an opportunity to teach my kid (14yo) some mechanic skills. So far we have changed the oils and got most everything to work. Next week I will have vehicle inspection again.

2015-07-18 141800-m-dn.jpg

Buenas tardes amigos!

Rusty wifi in this hotel room/studio here in Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife but I still wanted to say hi.

We landed yesterday for a good week under the ideal climate of the Canary island. Haven’t been since 1998 as a teen with the family. This year dragging missus with me.

Basically the view from our balcony:

IMG-8532.jpg

Black sand on the playa, it’s a volcano island mind you:

IMG-8549.jpg

And speaking of volcano, here’s Tenerife icon; El Pic del Teide on sunrise:

IMG-8552.jpg

¡Salud!

Going to watch T20 cricket this evening in Derby, Derbyshire vs Notts. Check fackers have upped the price from 16£ to 26£ as its a local "derby".

Still a nice evening out hopefully and a few beers before and after, there are some decent pubs in Derby.

Back