Other Post So, how was your day?

I have mixed feelings about a lot of corporate stuff these days.
I have five people working for me one of whom is a woman I've known the whole eighteen years I've been with the company. Based on an "inclusivity course" I took (Can already feel eyes rolling) it was suggested that we be aware of the language we use when emailing people so I stopped using "Hi guys..." when emailing my whole team and changed it to "Hi all..." or "Hi team" because she is obviously not a guy.
Now being honest, I didn't care about this - literally makes no difference to my day to change a word in an email to make her comfortable. The ironic thing though is she's picked up on it and is now annoyed that stuff has changed to make her comfortable when she had absolutely no discomfort about it to begin with.
Then as soon as we're on a phonecall or face to face discussing the rugby that weekend it's just effing and blinding - "England were a bag of ****ing s**t at the weekend, weren't they?!?"

This was one of my major bug bears as I wound down my time in the mob.

Loads of surveys sent out about pro-nouns, "guys", gender of ranks (airman etc).....but the only people that ever answer is the tiny fraction of people who care so 90% of the respondees are unhappy is the headline and things get changed. But they never look at that as a proportion of everybody which would probably be less than 1%.

We do have a mid 20s female agronomist in the team and it's definitely ducks on the pond time when she's around. Her sense of humour is different, piss taking isn't received well or reciprocated. We're a global multi national, with the big HR machine that comes with that, so we play the game with a straight bat when she is around. And she's a nice girl, but the vibe is very different when she's in the office.

I should be cleaning the house, but I like organizing my photos and sometimes this gives me nostalgia trips. Last summer I visited my old, now defunct unit in the the North Karelian brigade. It feels odd to see such an organized place fall into disrepair.
PICT0171-m-2000w.jpg
E22_2863-m-2000w.jpg
I am quite sure our shooting range didn't look like this back then.
E22_2877-m-2000w.jpg

I should be cleaning the house, but I like organizing my photos and sometimes this gives me nostalgia trips. Last summer I visited my old, now defunct unit in the the North Karelian brigade. It feels odd to see such an organized place fall into disrepair.View attachment 434278View attachment 434279I am quite sure our shooting range didn't look like this back then.View attachment 434280
Interesting images, my friend, but what happened to your old unit, was it disbanded and that facility turned over to some state agency or was it destined for civilians?

It’s been a good week so far.

Tuesday for lunch we went with Californian friends that arrived earlier this past weekend to a Parisian restaurant called “Au Pied de cochon” (the Pigs foot) which is an homage to all things piggie.

I ate an andouillette, it does look, and kind of smell like a turd but that’s French cuisine and it’s good.

IMG-8412.jpg

This afternoon I did a drawing inspired by a famous Dutch painter; Vermeer:

IMG-8426.jpg

Tomorrow I’m driving to Compiegne, not to sign an Armistice but to help stepgrandad unpack things he got in a garage/box in this city before he moves again somewhere.

And Saturday evening a friend comes over for dinner. Haven’t seen him in over two months. Carbonara on the menu.

I put my other Camera [ 90D ] into get fixed as it developed a fault with the Shutter .. And just read an email back from the shop saying .. they are unable to repair it due to the garuntee .

After I was told it will be fixed as it's still under the garuntee even though i bought the Camera 2nd hand

Back to square one ..

635 to get my camera fixed the invoice also includes water damage ???? For a Shutter malfunction ..

To make things more annoying my brother ends up getting my EE broadband cancelled because he said he was taken over the line to the people he spoke to at BT ...

I was in my pickup about to run errands when a Mexican family stopped. They were selling pork or chicken tamales $20 for 2 dozen. The carload was all pretty hefty weight-wise so I figured Mamacita was a good cook. I bought a big bag of the chicken variety. (they use all parts of piggy head for the pork kind, so pass on those) The bag was quite warm to hold, and she said she just finished making them. Of course, I had to try one right away... pretty darn tasty! Spicy but not to the extent of cauterizing your taste buds. Older daughter expressed a lively interest in me sharing with her and her hubby. As you can tell, I'm easy so I said I would. Wifey also casually mentioned I'm easy. Sad but true. However, you can get some good deals on ethnic food that way.

In other news, younger daughter attended a Willie Nelson concert in Omaha last night. She said he sang a while - wheezed a while - sang a while - coughed up a lung... I'm sure he had a lot of fun smoking all that weed, but it didn't do him much good.

Chicken tamales:
IMG_0275 (2).JPG

I'm nicknaming my girl friend Starbuck as she's killed two toasters so far this year. Latest one yesterday when all the magic smoke escaped.

Going a few pages back, but you appear to have some really clumsy gal mate. So do I.

Here’s what she has broken here so far, non exhaustive list.

- Orval, Duvel, and about half a dozen “fancy” beer/booze glassware. Even here somewhat close to Belgium those are steep.

- A small but still a fish tank while aggressively opening the living room window so I could take out the trash. Three casualties and lots of towels were used to clean the mess.

I could go on, would rather not. I can’t nickname her something because that’d be poor form and unclassy, but ultimately I get the blame for where I had chosen to set up the fish tank and how about I should clean up my booze glassware myself.

Tesco's ..................stock and sell a product .. called

" Aussie Moist ! "

WTAF is going on down in that part of Middle Earth

Back