Other Post So, how was your day?

Whilst down the track ... this very posh chap wasn't older than 20/22 .. stopped to ask me if i had a Allen Key for his seat ..

As i looked at his bike .. and said ... "That isn't your sisters bike .. " he replied no it's my Grans bike . I doubt he wanted to admit it was ... lolol

Weirdly He made some reference of being in the Army .. and so i asked him he said "The Royal Ghurkas" as he was continuing his journey

Thus far with the older brother moving back in ....

He ripped up the hallway carpet without even asking , Pished 3 nights on the trot , has the telly blaring at 6.30am .. .,

.....Was far happier living alone

So will you be buying her the BSG Starbuck outfit ..........

Only if I want to be pegged....

Sympathies Colin, I had my brother live with me for .... at least 12 months. During which time he would drink almost all my booze. Almost all, but he would leave a fingers height in each bottle so it wasn't finished so "I didn't finish it so I don't have to buy you a replacement".

He hasn't been sober once this week , Every night he's pished even tonight ffs drinking Strongbow Cider cans . He has a towel at the bottom [ to keep the draught so he say's ] . of the door yet has the window open full ...I was burning incense he then said wtf aye right !!!..

And then i find out that the bathroom is now costing £9,033 ... He even walked out of a FT job after 3 days 10-30am 6pm 5days every Sun/Mon off and he chucked it , When he told me his reasons for doing so ....

Am thinking to myself ..surely when he went for the interview he would have seen the kitchen , asked certain questions and looked where the stock is kept ...

Obviously he didn't brainless dibbit i wouldn't be surprised he wasn't focused due to being jake'd every night

Went down to Ayr , Vast improvement on Yesterdays weather ... Happy to get the Pentalina Ferry and 2 other cargo vessels and a A400M that fllew overhead

He hasn't been sober once this week , Every night he's pished even tonight ffs drinking Strongbow Cider cans . He has a towel at the bottom [ to keep the draught so he say's ] . of the door yet has the window open full ...I was burning incense he then said wtf aye right !!!..

And then i find out that the bathroom is now costing £9,033 ... He even walked out of a FT job after 3 days 10-30am 6pm 5days every Sun/Mon off and he chucked it , When he told me his reasons for doing so ....

Am thinking to myself ..surely when he went for the interview he would have seen the kitchen , asked certain questions and looked where the stock is kept ...

Obviously he didn't brainless dibbit i wouldn't be surprised he wasn't focused due to being jake'd every night
In 5-10 years time, you may need a room, and he will be there. But don't forget to order a bloody expensive kitchen for him, and drink all his booze!

Although I have already started my new civvy career, it's just dawned on me that sunday coming will be my last paid day of service!

Also, civvies are weird! And boring!
You have to adjust, in mil someone says they will do something, 99.9% it gets done. Civvies, 40-50% after you send them a reminder email.....what grips my S**t is when it takes an email from me to get something done, by the person that is responsible, when one of my staff correctly asked them to do it......

There is just no urgency.

Or banter and piss taking.
Jesus dont do banter!!! Goes double if ethnic, female, bald, short, fat, thin, gay, not gay, etc.

'It was just banter' is like the white flag, during industrial tribunals

Jesus dont do banter!!! Goes double if ethnic, female, bald, short, fat, thin, gay, not gay, etc.

Banter is good, and no offense should be ever taken. I like the sentence “f*ck your feelings”, but those mumbling it should take no offense over anything either.

Colin, ah. Having a relative somehow couch surfing or being sheltered in your place can be a pain. Out of empathy I also wouldn’t let someone I like live under a bridge drinking Stella Artois but at some point one has to kick his own butt and start looking for a job/place. Best of luck however.

Banter is good, and no offense should be ever taken. I like the sentence “f*ck your feelings”, but those mumbling it should take no offense over anything either.

Colin, ah. Having a relative somehow couch surfing or being sheltered in your place can be a pain. Out of empathy I also wouldn’t let someone I like live under a bridge drinking Stella Artois but at some point one has to kick his own butt and start looking for a job/place. Best of luck however.
Are you Edmund Blackadder in a different guise

I am looking forward to discover the truth about the LAPD corruption mostly.

There is just no urgency.

Or banter and piss taking.

Plenty of banter and piss taking in mining and agriculture, in my experience. I imagine construction and other similar type industries are the same.
The sense of urgency though, say goodbye to that, you'll not find it again. Blokes that can't let stuff like that go, chew through jobs, or end up working for them selves.

Plenty of banter and piss taking in mining and agriculture, in my experience. I imagine construction and other similar type industries are the same.
The sense of urgency though, say goodbye to that, you'll not find it again. Blokes that can't let stuff like that go, chew through jobs, or end up working for them selves.
Hmmmmm. I've moved into a large defence manufacturing company (Not BAe thankfully) with a fair proportion of ex-mil pers, but the culture is just so different. Perhaps I'll get used to it.

Although I hate the word, there's definitely "banter" at my place but am sensible about who I involve. Anyone of a certain age or has been with the company a certain length of time I definitely treat a little different to a 23 year old graduate until you get an idea of what level of offence they take to stuff.

I suspect there is an element of that going on.....sussing me out...I think I have identified people on a similar wavelength but as I am still in the probationary period I need to keep the mask up for now as well....

I have mixed feelings about a lot of corporate stuff these days.
I have five people working for me one of whom is a woman I've known the whole eighteen years I've been with the company. Based on an "inclusivity course" I took (Can already feel eyes rolling) it was suggested that we be aware of the language we use when emailing people so I stopped using "Hi guys..." when emailing my whole team and changed it to "Hi all..." or "Hi team" because she is obviously not a guy.
Now being honest, I didn't care about this - literally makes no difference to my day to change a word in an email to make her comfortable. The ironic thing though is she's picked up on it and is now annoyed that stuff has changed to make her comfortable when she had absolutely no discomfort about it to begin with.
Then as soon as we're on a phonecall or face to face discussing the rugby that weekend it's just effing and blinding - "England were a bag of ****ing s**t at the weekend, weren't they?!?"

Training course in Leeds, Yorkshire. A generic counter terrorism course. A long day but a valuable course . Just home now wifey has dinner on the go and the dog is currently licking my feet. Happy days 😉

Training course in Leeds, Yorkshire. A generic counter terrorism course. A long day but a valuable course . Just home now wifey has dinner on the go and the dog is currently licking my feet. Happy days 😉
Lancastrians getting uppity?

Back