Other Post So, how was your day?

I came through the last lot of unpleasantness fine - unscathed basically, as did my mates. Some family members had a couple of days without power or were cut off by their road being flooded or hit by a landslide. GF's sister lives down in Napier and they were hard hit. Their kids are coming up to stay with another sister for a couple of weeks while stuff gets sorted out down there.

It was a bit of a crap shoot as to who got hit hard, who got hit lightly and who didn't get hit at all, even in the same area.

Good that at least no one was harmed or worse amongst your peers or family.

Yeah just have followed the news about these flooding followed by a hurricane over there but it was obviously eclipsed by a far worse disaster in Turkey/Syria.

Smart, well behaved and handsome mostly.
They are indeed a fine specimen
I came through the last lot of unpleasantness fine - unscathed basically, as did my mates. Some family members had a couple of days without power or were cut off by their road being flooded or hit by a landslide. GF's sister lives down in Napier and they were hard hit. Their kids are coming up to stay with another sister for a couple of weeks while stuff gets sorted out down there.

It was a bit of a crap shoot as to who got hit hard, who got hit lightly and who didn't get hit at all, even in the same area.
Glad to hear that all are relatively ok in your end. On the crap shoot, when we were doing relief efforts after Typhoon Yolanda, it was mind boogling how a house placed meters a part can spell the difference in who got hit and whome want by the winds.

After spending like 3 months in Hospital my brother got out on Friday .. and was rushed back in .. Blood filling up his lungs .. and has also tested Positive for the China Virus .

Welp. :cool:

bac1.jpg

A weekend on the coast in late February is rolling the dice a bit; expect very much moody weather, full sunshine to rain, gusts of wind, showers and the enjoyable and photogenic sunset:

C3585-CB6-F4-D6-4-E0-A-9783-615510-B2-F8-DC.jpg

You’re a bartender on a beautiful playa? I would love this job every single day.

Dude, I was a bartender in the army at the officers mess, now that’s a job I hated. And no it wasn’t on the « French riviera ».

Losing 25hrs a Month because Finance says the wage bill is tooo high .. They don't work Sat Sun they work Mon Fri set hours ..

Whilst we are on till 11pm , So they think by cutting the start time to 2.30pm or 1130pm .. will benefit us when in reality it won't . I'd like to see those pen pushers do a stint in the Kitchen . They wouldn't be able to cope etc

Not been a great few days, my 76 year old mother got flagged for low sodium levels in her blood so had to go to hospital on wednesday. The 18 hours in a corridor and A&E prior to getting a ward bed were a f***ing treat and she's not in great health still.

Hang on, Downsizer! I hope she is felling better soon!

My own Mum took a fall about a month ago and gets to wear a brace on her right knee from now on. Healing/scarring the damaged ligaments into place is proving to be hard for her… not being able to get around.

It sucks when parents get old. I‘m against it!

Not been a great few days, my 76 year old mother got flagged for low sodium levels in her blood so had to go to hospital on wednesday. The 18 hours in a corridor and A&E prior to getting a ward bed were a f***ing treat and she's not in great health still.
I'm sorry friend. My parents are in their 70s and I'm not looking forward to the final years. Sending love your way buddy.

^What he said.

Both of my parents also are « boomers » and now both over 70. My father is even older and was born in February 1945, hence conceived during the liberation of Frankreich by the US army and allies. Incidentally I’m a grandson of WW2 of sort.

Best to your mom, @downsizer

Speedy recovery to your Mumsy Downsizer ...

.. Hard to believe there is some brainless mongs at reception . One asked on the Phone if the Soup is served in a bowl .
Saturday night after work it began to snow again after it died down a bit when out to get some pics and low n behold it started raining . Annoyed and gutted by morning the snow was non existant . You wouldn't have known . With Sunday being my day off was hoping to get out but nah it had to rain .. Complete washout of a day surprisingly it stopped went to the Shop . After getting back the rain started again .. and it's still raining at the moment .

If it kept snowning would have had the best snowfall since the 80s .. Yet other areas seem to get better snowfalls whereas this area / region just never lasts .

A very rare baileys for me, marking my naked day right on The ides of March. Veni, vidi, vici. RIP Julius Ceasar.

54-A42-B1-F-4-BF1-4923-A9-FB-106-B4625-BC03.jpg

Sláinte !

Back