To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

One careful owner:

If Ukraine can convert an ultra light aircraft into a flying bomb imagine what they could do with a near supersonic aircraft + a pair of 1000lbs dumb bombs from the backlot of a NATO disposal yard 😍

They only have to work once.

If Ukraine can convert an ultra light aircraft into a flying bomb imagine what they could do with a near supersonic aircraft + a pair of 1000lbs dumb bombs from the backlot of a NATO disposal yard 😍

They only have to work once.
I'd give them 24 x A10 warthogs. Can you imagine......and then have Uncle Joe, while licking icecream, say well we only let them use the guns.....

One careful owner:

Amusing considering that those "garbage aircraft" cost the Royal Navy two ships and very nearly a third despite Argentina only having 8 aircraft launched Exocets at the time. You'd think a Brit would know that.

Yeah, I’ll avoid any snark because Great Britain is so much an easy target but any guy hiding behind the handle « Britsky » proudly displaying the Union Jack has got to berate the frogs and our crappy aircrafts anyway.

Amusing considering that those "garbage aircraft" cost the Royal Navy two ships and very nearly a third despite Argentina only having 8 aircraft launched Exocets at the time. You'd think a Brit would know that.
That was 1982 though. I'd very much doubt broke ass Argentina has since kept up maintenance and spare parts to any meaningful extent. So in that regard they might be "garbage".

That was 1982 though. I'd very much doubt broke ass Argentina has since kept up maintenance and spare parts to any meaningful extent. So in that regard they might be "garbage".
Agree, Argentina has been broke for decades, plus France stopped flying them, so that would have been the time to buy any remaining spares stock, which they didn’t do…

But maybe 5 can make 3, for use as cruise missiles. Would be very cool, seeing one over red square….

Apparently they were flying until very recently and had been upgraded with parts/systems out of retired French units.
Cruise missiles, with’ 💙from France’ painted on the side….

2nd best army in the world….

Yeah, I’ll avoid any snark because Great Britain is so much an easy target but any guy hiding behind the handle « Britsky » proudly displaying the Union Jack has got to berate the frogs and our crappy aircrafts anyway.
I watched the war everyday just like the first gulf war, my take from the Falklands was this. The Brits were fighting a war that was absolutely brutal with no good weather and extremely poor air defense for that period. The US Navy would have probably fared no better when it came to air defense and using only the same type craft as the Brits had. They really had no choice but to get bottled up in a shallow harbor making very good targets. One ship hit 9 times by unexploded bombs. Not because the bombs were defective but they were dropped so close by the opposing forces. Most people don't realize the Argentinian Navy and air forces trained regularly with the US Navy and had live aircraft landing on our carriers as part of the training since they had no carrier. It was a war that should have never took place due to the fact the leader was a tyrant and invaded the Falklands as a ploy to get the investigators off his back and his people back on his side. He had rounded up hundreds of young people and executed them, that's how bad he was.