Politics Roe Vrs Wade Overturned

Well that was quick:

Alabama Attorney General Steve Marshall (R) on Tuesday urged a federal court to drop its block on the state's ban on gender-affirming care for trans youth arguing such care is not protected by the Constitution.

Marshall used the U.S Supreme Court's decision overturning Roe v. Wade to suggest that since the court rejected the idea that abortion cannot be protected under the 14th Amendment because it's not "deeply rooted" in the nation's history, the same could be said about access to gender-affirming care.

the key being "gender affirming" care. they will still get care that is 100% applicable to both their health circumstances and their biology. no lady that thinks she is a man will die from not having her/his prostate checked.

Hard chance it passes though. Nor that it goes through the SC. Unless, of course, it starts a litigation and its gets brought in front of a court and works its way up to the various Court Circuits to end up on the SC's desk.

There is no legislation or bill or anything, so far, codifying or even defining either the process of "gender affirmation" and how such process should be carried out.

That Alabama AG bases his reasoning on false premises. "Roe v Wade" was set as a precedent that went up to the SC that rendered a decision on it, but then overturned it (from federal to state level): it still exists but not as an all encompassing Federal blanket. If Red States decide to "ban" abortion, for it to be reinstated it would just need for that State for turn Blue again.

If we followed his logic, well... yeah... let's go back to the 18th century.
you can get fired for not offering "gender affirming" health care. source? my local hospital.

there is no need, nor is there any reason for "gender affirming" healthcare... gender affirming healthcare, full retard. dont ever go full retard.

you can get fired for not offering "gender affirming" health care. source? my local hospital.

On what policies is this based on though?

Local policies?
Hospital policies? Private? Public?

On what policies is this based on though?

Local policies?
Hospital policies? Private? Public?
its hospital policy. This is Novant system, by the way. Not "affirming" someones gender would probably be considered discrimination.... Providers probably have very little desire to test the legality of this...

its hospital policy. This is Novant system, by the way. Not "affirming" someones gender would probably be considered discrimination.... Providers probably have very little desire to test the legality of this...

They probably jumped in the bandwagon for fear of lawsuits.

After all a baker got sued because he refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple... why not a hospital for refusing to perform"gender affirming" procedures.

Pretty sure Iran can provide the settings for controlling such enforcement...

Texans who support this and think they stand for freedom of the individual against government. Yeah right...

290772421_771301397563192_8923491431945200886_n.jpg

MY CHOICEBADABAPBAPBAP BAP AAAAAAAAAUGHHHHHH?

Wait... isn't that the dude that called for complete discrimination social ostracization, financial and legal prosecution of anybody who refused to get vaccinated?
I am sure he said something about Canadian's getting a Third Bike - but perhaps I misheard him ?

Wow! Kansas votes to maintain abortion rights. In a highly conservative state nonetheless.

Back