Photos Republic of China (Taiwan) Military Forces

BravoZulu

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
TAARB
Australia
May 22nd, 2019 Anti-air missiles and anti-submarine rockets were used in Wednesday’s live-fire drill, the defence ministry says. Photo: CNA
78a-7c54-11e9-8126-9d0e63452fe9_image_hires_190907.jpg

CM-32 "Clouded Leopard"
edia.org%2Fwikipedia%2Fcommons%2Fc%2Fcc%2FFirecar1.jpg

The CM-11 Brave Tiger is a Main Battle Tank (MBT) that was developed by both the American General Dynamics and the Republic of China Army Armored Vehicle Development Center. It was introduced to the public on 14 April 1990. Being a variant of the M48 Patton, it is also known as the M48H Main Battle Tank. The CM-11 is a hybrid M60 chassis fitted with the turret from the older M48 Patton and the fire control system of the M1 Abrams.
l2a5b7fm4sc41.jpg

Republic of China (Taiwan) Army conducting its annual Han-Guang drill, filmed on June 21, 2017. The theme of the military drill in 2017 simulates a hypothetical scenario of PLAN conducting beach landings in the sandy northern beaches of Taiwan. The photo depicts the army defending a beach landing by means of heavy artillery bombardment against incoming PLA Marine landing crafts and PLA Navy ships from dug-in shore batteries, including M110A2 203mm self-propelled howitzers, M109A2 155mm self-propelled howitzers, M59 155mm towed howitzers, M101A1 105mm towed howitzers and CM-11 medium tanks (locally upgraded M48 Patton).
dn04vsu621n41.jpg

Republic of China (Taiwan) Army conducting its annual Han-Guang drill, filmed on June 21, 2017. The theme of the military drill in 2017 simulates a hypothetical scenario of PLAN conducting beach landings in the sandy northern beaches of Taiwan. The photo depicts the army defending a beach landing by means of heavy artillery bombardment against incoming PLA Marine landing crafts and PLA Navy ships from dug-in shore batteries, including M110A2 203mm self-propelled howitzers, M109A2 155mm self-propelled howitzers, M59 155mm towed howitzers, M101A1 105mm towed howitzers and CM-11 medium tanks (locally upgraded M48 Patton).
dn04vsu621n41.jpg
Youza!! Look at the size of those shells standing up on the pallets behind those 203mm guns!! I loved the cold war heavy arty 175mm and 203mm, I wish they'd bring back the big guns, nice and massive! Can you imagine a precision guided version of the 203mm round--WHAM!!

The Taiwanese AIDC T-5 Brave Eagle advanced trainer jet performed its first flight on the morning of 10 June. The first prototype aircraft, resplendent in its red, white and blue livery, departed Ching Chuang Kang Air Base, in Taichung, for a 20-minute flight before returning.

The T-5 was unveiled in September last year. While it bears a passing resemblance to the twin-seat version of the F-CK-1, it has been extensively re-engineered with modern materials to make it better suited for its role as an advanced trainer. Like the F-CK-1 before it, it is an indigenous aircraft, with the majority of its components made in Taiwan.

The ROCAF currently has 66 T-5s on order. Full-scale production of the T-5 is planned to begin in 2023, with the final aircraft to be delivered by the end of 2028. The T-5 will replace the T-3 Self Reliance advanced trainers and the F-5E/F Tiger II lead-in flight trainers currently used by the ROCAF.
T5-brave-eagle-runway.jpg
T5-brave-eagle-noseup.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Air Force fighters (Mirage 2000-5EI, F-CK-1, F-16V from left) on highway during Han Kuang 35'; annual military exercise for combat readiness in the event of an attack from PLA May 2019
cl1h6ywh95b51.png

Air Force fighters (Mirage 2000-5EI, F-CK-1, F-16V from left) on highway during Han Kuang 35'; annual military exercise for combat readiness in the event of an attack from PLA May 2019
cl1h6ywh95b51.png
I can hear the modellers er, getting excited, with this picture.

Taiwan orders 21 additional CM-34 infantry fighting vehicles
Egr-3o_XcAQ7V1X.jpg

Youza!! Look at the size of those shells standing up on the pallets behind those 203mm guns!! I loved the cold war heavy arty 175mm and 203mm, I wish they'd bring back the big guns, nice and massive! Can you imagine a precision guided version of the 203mm round--WHAM!!
As an airhead, I just see one big target - are we still allowed cluster bombs??